The Case for Slowing Down
- DEBATE. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;3/4/2002, Vol. 64 Issue 20, p7
Presents two opposing views on the impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S.
- The Good That Came Out Of Sept. 11. // Credit Union Journal;9/16/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 37, p14
Focuses on the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks event in the U.S. Exhibition of bravery among the rescue and emergency workers; Support of the American people to financial assistance programs.
- Market hardening rapidly. Roberts, Sally; Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;11/5/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p10
Reports the impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the reinsurance market in the United States. Description of the reinsurance market; Assessment of insurance losses; Expectations on rate increases.
- A return to ... Pacyniak, Bernard // Candy Industry;Sep2001, Vol. 166 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001 in the United States. Importance of returning to the normal order of business after the attacks.
- SEPTEMBER 11TH tragedy affects confectioners near and far. Sectzer, Jessie Ray // Candy Industry;Sep2001, Vol. 166 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the response of the confectionery industry to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Comment from Clay Luraschi, spokesperson for The Topps Company, headquartered in New York City, on the terrorist attacks; Industry seminars which were cancelled. INSET: CANDY...
- Finding comfort abroad. Greenberg, Jim // Candy Industry;Sep2001, Vol. 166 Issue 9, p44
Presents an article on the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States (U.S.). Information received from Internet reports about the attacks; Personal concerns on families left behind in New York; Comments received from Swedish people on the terrorist attacks.
- A 'divided nation' appears divided no more. Ferguson, Andrew // Inside Tucson Business;9/24/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p5
Comments on the impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on unity in the United States. Surge in patriotism among Americans; Factors that cause strife and division in the U.S.; Effects of cultural and political diversity in the U.S.
- In the Aftermath: A Personal Reflection. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;10/15/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p34
Presents an article about predictions on the terrorist attacks in the United States in September 11, 2001. Periodical in which the predictions were published; Basis for the predictions.
- America Confronts the Face of Evil. Rodriguez, Paul M. // Insight on the News;10/15/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p48
Reflects on the face of evil captured by camera from the smoke of the World Trade Center during the terrorist attacks in September 2001. Photographer who captured the image; Importance of symbols in religious faith; Factors which contributed to the vulnerability of the United States to...
- Terrorist Attacks Take Tragic Toll Across America. // Jet;10/1/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the terrorist attacks against the United States on September 11, 2001, and presents information about the experiences of blacks who were affected by the attacks.