HR Enters the HP Fray
- Will Hewlett's Deal for Compaq Help or Hurt Bank Customers? Roth, Andrew // American Banker;9/5/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 171, p1
Focuses on the impact of the merger between Hewlettâ€“Packard Co. and Compaq Computer Corp. on bank customers in the U.S. Risk of losing customers if the purchase is not managed properly; Reference to the momentum of Compaq in the financial services industry; Anticipation of product...
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E.V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/18/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p28
Comments on the merger of Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) and Compaq Computer Corp (CPQ). Impact of the merger on stockholder value; Reactions of money managers and credit rating agencies; Pension funds that vote against the merger; Benefits of combining HP's computing business to CPQ's future.
- HP Stays Mum on Second in Compaq Deal. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/5/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p1
Presents issues on Hewlett-Packard Co.'s planned acquisition of Compaq Computer Corp. in 2001. Value of the acquisition deal; Market value lost by both companies.
- New H-P/Compaq Targets School Technology Solutions For Growth. // Electronic Education Report;9/12/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the merger between personal computer maker Compaq and printer-producer Hewlett-Packard to focus on the growth of school technology solutions in the United States. Uncertainty of the merger on the educational market; Provision of technology to schools; Creation of a scale in dealing...
- Hewlett-Packard and Compaq To Combine. Gunter, Heather // Computer-Aided Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the planned acquisition of Compaq Computer Corporation by Hewlett-Packard Company as of October 2001. Benefits of the merger; Terms of the deal.
- HP, Compaq promote benefits of merger. // RCR Wireless News;12/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p20
Reports on a document outlining the benefits of a proposed merger between Hewlett-Packard Co. and Compaq Computer Corp. Basis of concerns of the companies; Purpose of the merger.
- Users uneasy as vote draws near. Popovich, Ken; Zimmerman, Michael R. // eWeek;3/4/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p1
Reports the proposal of Hewlettâ€“Packard Co. to buy Compaq Computer Corp. in the U.S. Opponents and proponents of the deal; Impact of the buyout to information technology (IT) customers; Importance of IT.
- The Carly Way. Stone, Brad // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/21/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6325, p68
Reports the acquisition of Compaq Computer by Hewlett-Packard under the leadership of Chief Executive Officer Carly Fiorina. Comments on the merger; Problems during the acquisition process; Goals of Fiorina for the merged companies.
- The HP/Compaq Combination Will Create a Technology Giant. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p14
Reports the acquisition of Compaq Computer Corporation by Hewlett-Packard Company in California. Analysis on the stock transaction issues; Influence of the combination of companies in the worldwide revenue; Commodification of the PC industry.