HR Enters the HP Fray
- Will Hewlett's Deal for Compaq Help or Hurt Bank Customers? Roth, Andrew // American Banker;9/5/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 171, p1
Focuses on the impact of the merger between Hewlettâ€“Packard Co. and Compaq Computer Corp. on bank customers in the U.S. Risk of losing customers if the purchase is not managed properly; Reference to the momentum of Compaq in the financial services industry; Anticipation of product...
- HP Stays Mum on Second in Compaq Deal. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/5/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p1
Presents issues on Hewlett-Packard Co.'s planned acquisition of Compaq Computer Corp. in 2001. Value of the acquisition deal; Market value lost by both companies.
- Users uneasy as vote draws near. Popovich, Ken; Zimmerman, Michael R. // eWeek;3/4/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p1
Reports the proposal of Hewlettâ€“Packard Co. to buy Compaq Computer Corp. in the U.S. Opponents and proponents of the deal; Impact of the buyout to information technology (IT) customers; Importance of IT.
- The Carly Way. Stone, Brad // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/21/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6325, p68
Reports the acquisition of Compaq Computer by Hewlett-Packard under the leadership of Chief Executive Officer Carly Fiorina. Comments on the merger; Problems during the acquisition process; Goals of Fiorina for the merged companies.
- The HP/Compaq Combination Will Create a Technology Giant. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p14
Reports the acquisition of Compaq Computer Corporation by Hewlett-Packard Company in California. Analysis on the stock transaction issues; Influence of the combination of companies in the worldwide revenue; Commodification of the PC industry.
- HP printer biz hungry for deal. Zimmerman, Michael R. // eWeek;3/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Reports the approval of the shareholders on the acquisition of Compaq Computer Corp. by Hewlett-Packard in the U.S. Solution of the problem of the Imaging and Printing Systems business unit; Generation of revenue and profit; Increase focus on solutions-centric offering.
- THE ROAD AHEAD FOR HP IS NOT AN EASY ONE. Lundquist, Eric // eWeek;9/10/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p5
Comments on the merger between Hewlett-Packard Co. and Compaq Computer Corp. in the United States. Difficulty of competition in the computer manufacturing market; Impact of the decision of the Department of Justice to drop the case against Microsoft on the computer industry; Impact of the...
- DEAL MAY BOOST SERVICE ARM. Musich, Paula // eWeek;9/10/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p20
Comments on the impact of the merger between Hewlett-Packard Co. and Compaq Computer Corp. in the United States. Agenda of the acquisition; Presentation of data business operations of the two companies; Strategies of each firms. INSET: Vital statistics.
- Perspective: The Demise of a Prized American Treasure. Pabrai, Mohnish // Siliconindia;May2002, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p20
Comments on the pending merger between Hewlett-Packard Co. and Compaq. Company history; Benefits for both companies; Intrinsic value analysis.