CTIA Notes Problems In Porting Numbers
- NEWS ON THE HILL. // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p74
Presents news relevant to wireless carriers in the United States (U.S.) as of June 4, 2001. Computer Technology Industry Association's (CTIA) petition rejected by the Satellite Industry Association; One of the customers that will be honored at the 2001 CTIA Wireless Foundation gala; Proposal of...
- RNLI NETS WIN ON THE MOVE. // Computer Weekly;12/12/2006, p30
The article reports that the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) and Active Web Solutions scoop the British Computer Society's Mobile Award for Sea Safety for their collaborative project, the RNLI Sea Safety tracking system. Sea Safety provides a wireless personal safety device for crew...
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.
- Opinion: Wireless Ads Excel In Style. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p48
Focuses on the challenges faced by wireless companies in attracting the attention of its customers through advertising. Features of advertising campaigns that should be considered by wireless companies; Method that help companies attract customers.
- Freedom Of Choice In The Wild Wireless Data World. Tyra, Ken // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p69
Focuses on the option choices of wireless communication users. Factors that influenced the increase in communication offerings; Model that can help users access information anytime and anywhere.