Marijuana dispensaries propose self-regulation
- Maryland Launching Medical Marijuana Program. Ford, William J. // Washington Informer;10/1/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 51, p20
The article reports the launching by the government of Maryland as of October 2015 of its Medical Marijuana Program. Also cited are the move by the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission to accept applications to become dispensers and processors of medical marijuana until November 6, 2015, as well...
- Pot business is fertile ground. RAJALA, LI ISA // New Hampshire Business Review;1/22/2016, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses the possibility to open medical marijuana dispensaries in New Hampshire in 2016. Topics include the state's strict rules on medical marijuana, the growing awareness and regulatory crackdown on the use of pesticides in Colorado, and the absence of guidance or regulations...
- Panel Avows Marijuana's Ability To Ease Pain And Nausea; Backs Testing. // Jet;04/05/99, Vol. 95 Issue 18, p53
Reports that according to the United States Institute of Medicine, the active ingredients in marijuana can help fight pain and nausea and the drug needs to be tested in scientific trials.
- Marijuana research gets backing at NIH. Wadman, Meredith // Nature;2/27/1997, Vol. 385 Issue 6619, p756
Reports that a panel of scientists established by the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) has determined that the research into the therapeutic potential of marijuana is worth pursuing. The leadership of William Beaver, a professor of pharmacology; The debate concerning referendums passed by...
- Biting at the gag. Sullum, Jacob // Reason;July97, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p19
Illustrates that United States President Bill Clinton's policy on medical marijuana suffered a setback in the federal court. Impact of the issuance of preliminary injunction on April 30, 1997 by US District Judge Fern Smith on the federal government; Comments from Judge Smith on the policy;...
- SUGGESTING POT COULD COST DOCTORS. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;01/20/97, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p71
Reports on the warning issued by the administration of US President Bill Clinton to doctors that they may lose their prescription-writing privileges, be excluded from Medicare and Medicaid and face criminal prosecution if they recommend marijuana to patients.
- Colorado Endures New Type of Rush. // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Feb2010, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the move in the state of Colorado to legalize the use of marijuana for medical purposes which technologies for growing such plant will be also made available to growers.
- Nevada health regulators present medicinal marijuana usage strategies. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;02/14/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the efforts of health care regulators in Nevada to develop guidelines for medicinal use of marijuana. Background on the marijuana medicinal use initiative to be decided by the state's voters in the November 2000 general elections.
- Medicinal Applications of Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol and Marijuana. Voth, Eric A.; Schwartz, Richard H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;05/15/97, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p791
Evaluates research studies from 1975 through 1996 about the medicinal applications of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the major active ingredient in marijuana. Therapeutic indications for THC; Mechanism of action; Effectiveness; Side effects; Implications to government policy on the...