dishing up a hosted Solution
- Motorola gets serious about wireless focus. D'Amico, Mary Lisbeth // InfoWorld;11/01/99, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p46C
Features the wireless technology offered by Motorola in the exhibition show Telecom 1999 in Geneva, Switzerland. Overview of Motorola's mobile communications system; Reorganization in Motorola; Features of the Timeport P7389 phone.
- 19 years ago this monthï¿½. // RCR Wireless News;1/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on a type acceptance received by Motorola Inc. in 1987 for the first 900 megahertz mobile and base station before other manufacturers submitted equipment for type acceptance. The type acceptance gave the company an early lead in the race to supply systems for the then-new 900...
- Russian cellular carriers watch TETRA's progress. Nechaev, Alexander // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p28
Reports on the launch of a TETRA trial mobile network, a European-developed digital dispatch standard, in Russia by Motorola and RadioTel in January 2001. Purpose of TETRA; Cost of constructing a TETRA network; Plan of the Russian Communications Ministry to implement standards for trunked radio...
- Company Spotlight: Motorola, Inc. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Aug2010, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p18
The article profiles Motorola Inc., a telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, which provides technologies, products and services for a broad range of mobile solutions. Key facts about the company are offered including major products and services, number of employees and...
- The Incredible Shrinking Labor Pool. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p24
Focuses on mobile communications industry's search for workers. Job fair held by Motorola; Challenge for firms in search of sales engineers, systems engineers and technical specialists; Priorities of the Telecommunications Industry Association.
- IRIDIUM'S DEMISE: A CASE OF MISREADING THE MARKET. Anderson, Howard // Network World;04/10/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p55
Focuses on Motorola Inc.'s failure to create a market for its Iridium satellite telephone technology. Description of how the Iridium phone works; High cost of using an Iridium phone; Lack of sustainable need for the Iridium phone service.
- Survey shows UK apathetic towards UMA technology. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;8/17/2005, Issue 2206, p5
This article reports that Italy, Spain and Sweden are the countries most keen to adopt unlicensed mobile access (UMA) technology, with France showing some enthusiasm and Great Britain and Germany being least interested. According to an independent survey of the six countries commissioned by...
- Motorola radios offer efficient, mobile communications. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/18/99, Vol. 214 Issue 18, p80
Focuses on a two-way radio from Motorola which can address the communication needs of the hospitality industry in the United States. Features of the mobile communication system.
- Motorola considering separation of mobile devices unit. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;2/4/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p26
This article focuses on the alternatives being sought by Motorola Inc. for the business that may include the separation of mobile devices from its enterprise mobility solutions and home and networks mobility units. The company may sell of its struggling mobile devices business in an effort to...