now or Never
- Report of the 2nd Workshop on Autonomic Communications and Network Management (ACNM 2008). Boutaba, Raouf; Brunner, Marcus; Schmid, Stefan; Granville, Lisandro // Journal of Network & Systems Management;Sep2008, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p323
Information about several papers discussed at the 2nd Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Workshop on Autonomic Communications and Network Management (ACNM) 2008 on new theories, mechanisms and applications of Autonomic Communication is presented. Topics include the...
- education. // Microwaves & RF;Dec2009, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p48
The article offers information on several events including the 6th Annual International Conference and Exhibition on Device Packaging to be held at Radisson Fort McDowell Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona on March 9-11, 2010, International Wireless Communication Expo (IWCE) to be held in Las Vegas,...
- Ease And Safety Drive Market. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the marketing of mobile phone accessories in the United States. Measures taken by handset manufacturers to control the distribution process of accessories; How consumers view accessories; Factors that contributed to the increase in sales of the accessories.
- China Hits No. 1. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reveals that China has taken the position of the United States as the world's largest wireless phone market. Increase in the number of wireless phone users in China as of the end of July 2001; Estimated ratio of Americans that use mobile phones.
- In-Stat Market Snapshot. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Predicts the number of people in the United States youth market that will own a wireless phone by 2004.
- Fueling A Surge In Directory Assistance. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p20
Predicts that directory assistance (DA) services tailor-made for wireless subscribers will flourish. U.S. wireless carriers that outsource DA services to Infonxx; Basis for predicting that DA call volumes will shift away from the landline arena toward wireless; Factor that is likely to drive...
- not the same old cellular network. Politi, Carol // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p18
Offers suggestions to mobile wireless network operators. Resources that allow operators to deliver unique and differentiated services to mobile subscribers; Suggestion to mobile operators to provide truly ubiquitous access to mobile data services; Reason for the success of NTT DoCoMo's i-mode...
- FMC: Breaking free of technological constraints. Michaelis, Kai // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p47
Looks into technological hurdles associated with the fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) strategy. Possible solutions offered by intelligent network (IN) platforms; Competitive advantage offered by fixed-mobile network strategy via IN services; Description of the evolution of the technology; Minimal...
- Smoothly does it. Junowicz, Gaby // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jul2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p61
Shows how mobile communication systems operators can cost-effectively migrate from second- to third-generation wireless communication technology. Encapsulation of time division multiple access traffic into Internet protocol packets; Co-location of second- and third-generation equipment;...