guiding mobile Services
- Sun answers complaints with server, test suite. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p13
Reports the efforts of Sun Microsystems to address complaints concerning its wireless Java technology. Information on the technology; Information on the complaints of the wireless industry against the technology; Services included in the technology.
- Vindigo rallies around Java, BREW content. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;1/5/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p4
Provides information on the services of wireless information and content company Vindigo Studios. Company background; Introduction of the company's Java and BREW application download technology in mobile-phones; Carriers selling the software technology of Vindigo; Importance of the...
- COMM BRIEFS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/21/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p46
This section presents updates on the U.S. telecommunication industry as of February 2005. Cingular became the second carrier to offer a Blackberry phone that looks like a phone and not a personal digital assistant. The quadband GSM/GPRS 7100g incorporates traditional BlackBerry e-mail, browser...
- Opera targets WAP browsers. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;1/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on a WAP killer software unveiled by Opera Software for Java-enabled mobile phones. Opera Mini uses a proxy server to format traditional Internet content for small screens. The application can be downloaded free from the company's Web site to a personal computer or handset....
- Hiptop to include J2ME. // RCR Wireless News;9/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p13
Reports on the decision of Danger Inc. to include Sun Microsystems' Java 2 Micro Edition application download technology in its Hiptop wireless device platform, which forms the basis for T-Mobile USA's Sidekick wireless phone. Significance of the move; Benefits of the deal for Hiptop users.
- Java on the Go. Jarnefelt, Matias // Wireless Review;06/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the offering of Java technology through wireless devices. Applications of Java technology; Goal of the Java 2 Micro Edition application; Estimated number of Web developers working on the Java platform as of June 1, 2001; Carriers that have introduced Java-compatible services that...
- Java makes inroads into wireless space. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p76
Reports on the use of Java technology in wireless communications systems in the United States. Vendors of the product; Carriers engaged with Java proprietor Sun Microsystems Inc; Main target of the telephones employing Java technology.
- VASCO MAKES MAJOR PITCH TO RECRUIT NEW PARTNERS. Neel, Dan // CRN;5/23/2005, Issue 1148, p37
The article informs that secure Java phone authentication technology from Vasco Corp. has arrived as the vendor begins an aggressive channel recruitment drive. Vasco's Digipass for Java Phone, launched May 12, is the latest addition to the vendor's line of Digipass authentication products. The...
- tools. // Wireless Asia;May2004, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p25
Presents news briefs related to wireless communication systems as of May 2004. Network management provider Concord Communications Inc.'s launch of its Wireless Service Assurance Solution, a network performance management solution; Wificom Technologies' release of its SAB Gateway Public License...