- MOTORALA SDP ENHANCES SHANGHAI UNICOM MOBILE DATA SERVICE. // Worldwide Telecom;May2008, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on a commercial contract signed by Motorola Inc. with Shanghai Branch Company of China Unicom Co. Ltd. for building the first comprehensive Value-Added Service Platform (VASP) of Shanghai Unicom. The comprehensive VASP project will use the Global Applications Management...
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p3
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunication industry as of September 17, 2001. Increase in subscriber for 2001 projected by Vodafone Group; Decrease in Japan's mobile phone shipments; Rise in revenue posted by China Unicom Ltd.
- China opens to cdma2000. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the contract agreements of China Unicom with Lucent Technologies Inc., L.M. Ericsson, Motorola Inc. and Nortel Networks Corp. for the delivery of mobile telephones in China. Increase in the number of mobile phone users in China; Comparison between China and the United States in terms...
- cdma200-1x: China Unicom's technology bet. Chau, Fiona // Telecom Asia;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p10
Reports the use of cdma2000-1x communication technology by China Unicom. Effort of outservicing rival China Mobile; Expansion of services; Upgrade of the network; Offer of promotional incentives to users.
- Big opportunities in China for Western telecommunications companies. // Chinatown News;9/3/94, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p8
Discusses China's decision to sanction a second telephone network to compete with the state monopoly. The competing network, to be known as China United Telecommunications, or China Unicom, will help `accelerate' the development of the telecommunications sector to cope with the demands of a...
- China telecom policy in flux over investment decree. LYNCH, GRAHAME // Telecom Asia;Nov98, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
Discusses the result of Beijing's move to end the so called Chinese-Chinese-Foreign (CCF) investment used by China Unicom and Great Wall. Effect of the CCF decision to foreign investors; Effort of China's national government to allow foreign investors in its telecommunication sector; Why Unicom...
- China Unicom confusion continues. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p42
Focuses on the confusion surrounding China Unicom's cdmaOne technology deployment plans in China.
- Unicom lines up CNY100bn for 3G expansion. // China Telecom;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the plan of China Unicom to invest 15.8 million U.S. dollars into infrastructure construction in 2012.
- China Unicom saving money on capital expenses. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p114
Focuses on China Unicom, a telecommunications company in Beijing, China. Factors contributing to the decrease in capital expenditure; Addition of subscribers to the company; Information on the capital expenditure budget of China Unicom; Selection of Asia.com to expand Wireless Application...