Sonera-Telia Merger Shouldn't Affect U.S. Unit
- Why Sonera/Telia could be an anomaly. Scales, Ian // America's Network;5/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p23
Reports on the merger agreement between Sonera and Telia in March 2002. Consequence if the deal is completed; Other merger attempts in Europe; Goal of the merger plan.
- TeliaSonera merger prospectus announced. // RCR Wireless News;10/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p16
Announces the release of the prospectus for the merger of Telia company from Sweden and Sonera company from Finland. Information on the shares to be offered by Telia in exchange for each Sonera share; Use of the brandnames of the companies.
- TeliaSonera. Hawkins, Nigel // Utility Week;3/21/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p31
Reports on the merger between Swedish telecommunication company Telia AB and Finland-based telecom operator Sonera Corp. in December 2002. Terms and conditions of the merger; Benefits for Telia from the merger; Factors that led to the merger.
- Nordic carriers merging. O'Dwyer, Gerard // RCR Wireless News;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the merger of Nordic telecommunication companies Sonera Corp. and Telia AB. Reason for the merger; Market areas of the merged company; Annual cost synergies from the merger.
- TELIA-SONERA MERGER WALKS REGIONAL POLITICAL TIGHTROPE. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;4/1/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 13, p12
Reports on the merger of Sweden's Telia and Finland's Sonera. Implication of the merger for telecommunication in Northern Europe in the Baltics; Reaction of the Finnish and Swedish governments to the merger; Importance of vendor loyalty to the merger deal.
- Bjorn again. Hawkins, Nigel // Utility Week;9/26/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p24
Assesses the creation of Teliasonera from a merger of Sweden's Telia and Finland's Sonera. Business of Teliasonera in Europe; Ownership structure of the company; Key assets; Analysis of the finances of Teliasonera; Market share of the company.
- Virgin close to a takeover of Telia Mobile in Finland. O'Dwyer, Gerard // RCR Wireless News;11/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p39
Reports on the close takeover of Telia's mobile telephone network by Virgin Mobile. Reason for delaying Virgin's expansion to Europe; Logic behind the expansion; Objection of the Finnish government to the appointment of Telia's chief executive to the board of the joint company from Telia and...
- White & Case and Linklaters bag largest Nordic merger in history. Malkin, Brendan // Lawyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the involvement of White & Case and Linklaters Lagerl Ã¶ f in the merger of Sonera and Telia. Terms of the agreement; Total debt of Sonera; Percentage of decline in the operating profit of Sonera in 2001.
- Sweden : TELIASONERA declares JV with Finland telecoms DNA for mobile network sharing. // TendersInfo News;8/21/2014, p1
The article informs that the Swedish Telecom operator TeliaSonera has formed a joint venture between its Finnish arm Sonera and rival DNA to share mobile network in Northern and Eastern Finland, as of August 2014. It reports that aim of floating a joint venture is to permit for more competent...