OECD urges more comprehensive long-term care strategies
- Who looks after the elderly? Hennessy, Patrick // OECD Observer;Jun/Jul94, Issue 188, p15
Focuses on the care of the elderly in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development member-countries. Increase in the number of elderly; Longer life of people today; Health condition of younger elderly people; Services required by the elderly; Change in the lifestyle of elderly people.
- A promising approach in comparative research on care for the elderly. // BMC Medicine;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p124
The article offers information on a study conducted on long-term care (LTC) of elders in Europe, for which 8 indicators were used from international database, including Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) health data and Eurostat data, about the health and functional...
- New Documents. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p22
Presents a list of recently released documents by the International Atomic Energy Agency Technical Documents in Vienna, Austria and by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Nuclear Energy Agency in Moulineaux, France.
- Second best is pretty good. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/13/95, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p22
Reports on the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development's 1994 survey of the fastest-growing economies among developed nations.
- The Cost of Switching Electricity Generation From Coal to Nuclear Fuel. Virdis, Maria R.; Rieber, Michael // Energy Journal;1991, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p109
Provides a paper which evaluates the nuclear versus coal option for electricity generation in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries at the beginning of the 1990s. Concerns over the threat of global warming; Reference to a study conducted by the OECD-Nuclear...
- A global development club. // Business Mexico;Special Edition 1994, Vol. 4 Issue 1/2, p73
Features excepts from brochures and bulletins furnished by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. Profile of members; Goals and structures; Member obligations; Mexico's standing for membership.
- OECD conference on further education and training. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb92, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p47
Presents highlights of a recent Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) conference on inadequate labor force qualifications. Negative impact on economic growth; Proposed solutions that center on the role of further education and training for experienced adult workers.
- ORGANISATION FOR ECONOMIC CO-OPERATION AND DEVELOPMENT. // OECD Economic Surveys: Brazil;Nov2010, Issue 17, p106
The article focuses on the importance of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) as a forum that addresses the economic, social and environmental challenges of globalisation.
- OECD Trade Barriers Faced by the Successor States of the Soviet Union. Kaminski, Bartlomiej; Yeats, Alexander // Russian & East European Finance & Trade;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p40
Examines the influence of the trade barriers of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) facing the newly independent states (NIS) of the former Soviet Union. Tariff imposed on NIS exports; Importance of OECD markets to NIS; Impact of OECD trade barriers on investment...