FCC Should Be Fair To WCS
- TheBuzz. // eWeek;2/18/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p3
Reports developments related to telecommunication. Acquisition of wireless services by Verizon Wireless; Launch of Iridium satellites; Development of customized security plan with software and hardware options.
- Space jam. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on the importance of satellite in wireless communication in Asia. Satellite project of Vietnam; Interference of the satellite to Japanese and Tongan signals; Consequences in launching another satellite.
- Little Leos: Riding the wave of market forces. Ingley, Carol // Satellite Communications;Dec99, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the opportunity for little low Earth orbit (LEO) satellite systems to catch the wave of wireless data. Little LEO data-only systems; Smart data-only satellites; Dependency of Little LEO systems on the development of terrestrial technologies; Turbulence in the global satellite systems...
- Where and when wireless works. Harler, Curt // Communications News;May95, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p4
Advises businesses to implement a wireless communication system. Impact of low earth-orbit satellites on communication services; Problems with batteries in wireless networks.
- Got the power to run 24x7? // Communications News;Nov99, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p18
Discusses the significance of global access to the United States Internet satellite in emerging economies. Reasons for the growth in demand for satellite and wireless communications; Comments from Doctor David Davidson; Status of electrical power around the world.
- Competition takes to the skies. Morri, Aldo // Telephony;11/10/97, Vol. 233 Issue 19, p48
Reports that low earth orbiting satellites will stiffen wireless competition in both narrow and wide-band communications according to a SRI Consulting study. Possible price war in wireless voice services; Plan of American and European companies to launch satellites; Sustainable advantage of...
- Is There A Market For Satellite Phones? Smith, Bruce A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/8/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 19, p44
Discusses the economic viability and market outlook for hand-held, satellite-based global telephone systems in North America. Bankruptcy of the Iridium satellite system in 1999; Major players in the industry; Possibility to offer mass-market telephony service.
- A wireless world. Mannes, George; Miller, Cliff // Popular Mechanics;Sep94, Vol. 171 Issue 9, p67
Discusses the proposed blanket of low earth orbit satellites as a means of communicating anytime and anywhere. Teledesic, TRW and Motorola as among the companies involved; Working process of the system. INSET: A guide to the launching pad..
- New satellite services to bridge the gap. Dwyre, Douglas // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p47
Focuses on the increasing use of satellite communications systems as a means of sourcing information by global markets. Advantages of satellite communications to a developing country; Cost effectiveness of geostationary satellites used to provide communications services for developing nations...