Paramedic program reducing emergency room congestion
- Paramedics fill three ambulances for Operation Food Search. // Wentzville Journal;12/26/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 52, pB2
The article reports on the collaboration between paramedics at St. Charles County Ambulance District in Missouri and area senior residential facilities to fill three ambulances with non-perishable food items for the outreach program Operation Food Search on December 13, 2012.
- Palliative Care in the Nursing Home. Keay, Timothy J. // Generations;Spring99, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p96
Focuses on the challenges in providing systematic palliative care in nursing facilities in the United States. Need for nursing facilities and hospice programs to try to work together; Goals of palliative care in the long-term care setting; Issues that need to be considered to address the goals...
- Performance-Based Palliative Care in the Nursing Home: Closing the Gap Between 'Knowing' and 'Practicing' Kay Kyriacou, Corinne; Nidetz, Allison // Journal of Palliative Medicine;Oct2002, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p757
Presents a study that evaluated the impact of an experiential model on nursing home staff attitudes and knowledge about palliative care. Description of the educational program; Results of the study.
- Creating Excellent Palliative Care in Nursing Homes. Hanson, Laura C. // Journal of Palliative Medicine;Feb2003, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p7
Editorial. Focuses on providing palliative care for patients in nursing homes in the U.S. Characteristics of people who die in nursing homes; Lessons from early efforts to bring palliative care to nursing homes.
- ABSTRACTS. // Gerontologist;Oct2000 Special Issue, Vol. 40, p252
Presents a summary of a symposium which addressed the implementation of palliative care in nursing homes in the United States.
- In This Issue. // Journal of Palliative Medicine;Apr2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p377
The article offers information on articles and features in the 2012 issue of the periodical "Journal of Palliative Medicine," including letters to the editor, the article "Measuring Quality in Nursing Homes," and book and media reviews.
- Palliative care and nursing homes: where next? Froggatt, K.A. // Palliative Medicine;Jan2001, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p42
Specialist palliative care providers are seeking to transfer the principles of palliative care to more general care settings in order to meet the needs of people with diseases other than cancer. To prepare nursing home staff to provide palliative care increasing numbers of educational...
- Nursing Homes Face Critical Times. Baca, Micky // BusinessWest;Apr2000, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p21
Examines the financial and personnel problems of nursing homes in Massachusetts. Difficulties by Extended Care Network for the Sisters of Providence Health System, Genesis ElderCare, Jillian J. Levitt Family Jewish Nursing Home and Loomis House; Causes of financial difficulties; Competition to...
- Low Wages, But High Expectations for Nursing Home Workers. SCHULTZ, CONNIE // Progressive Populist;6/15/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p21
The author highlights the plight of nursing home workers in the U.S. in light of the debate over the health care of hourly wage earners in the nursing home industry in Washington, D.C. in June 2011.