Concussion in youth hockey
- Assessment of Patients with Sports-Related Concussions. Barber, F. Brian // American Family Physician;6/15/2007, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p1772
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the management of concussion in the October 15, 2006 issue.
- Assessment of Patients with Sports-Related Concussions. Barber, R. Brian; Whiteside, John W. // American Family Physician;6/15/2007, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p1772
A response by John W. Whiteside to a letter to the editor about his article on the management of concussion in the October 15, 2006 is presented.
- Same-day return to play? Not for young athletes. McLeod, Tamara Valovich // Journal of Family Practice;Oct2009, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p512
A letter to the editor and a reply are presented in response to the article on concussion by Amanda McConnel and Jay Shubrook in the August 2009 issue.
- Abstracts. // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Apr2013, Vol. 47 Issue 5, Special section p1
An abstract of the study "Comparative Incidence of Concussion and Return to Play Time in Two Canadian Minor Hockey Groups Over the 2011-2012 Season," is presented.
- Remembering concussions. // Sporting News;12/11/2000, Vol. 224 Issue 50, p49
Recalls hockey accidents in the United States that led to concussions. Paul Kariya's memory lapses following his fourth concussion; Boyd Devereaux's convulsions after taking a hit from Dallas Drake; Blues right winger Pavol Demitra's suffering from concussion after being checked from behind by...
- Evidence does not support concussion grading. Vollmar, William // Journal of Family Practice;Oct2009, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p512
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Concussion care: Simple strategies, big pay-offs," in the 2009 issue.
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR. Coldren, Rodney L.; Russell, Michael L.; Kelly, Mark P.; Parish, Robert V.; Dretsch, Michael // Military Medicine;Sep2011, Vol. 176 Issue 9, preceding p967
A letter to the editor is presented regarding a research which evaluated the performance of several neurocognitive tests in the differentiation of concussed and non-concussed soldiers serving in Iraq between January and April 2009.
- Hockey Concussion Reporting Improved. Johnston, Karen M. // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;Aug2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p183
Editorial. Comments on an article exploring trends in concussion injury rates in the National Hockey League, published in the August 2003 issue of 'The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences.' Increased recognition and reporting of concussion; Increasing education about concussion at...
- National Hockey League Reported Concussions, 1986-87 to 2001-02. Wennberg, R.A.; Tator, C.H. // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;Aug2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p206
Explores the longitudinal media reported rate of concussions in the National Hockey League over the period 1986-87 to 2001-02. Number of concussions per 1000 games, adjusted for changes in the number of teams and games per season over the 16-year study; Factors contributing to the increase in...