Verdict still out on family health teams
- Practice: Understand how decisions are made. // GP: General Practitioner;10/21/2005, p40
This article presents a question-answer advisory related to general practice of medicine. When general practitioners (GPs) have to make joint decisions with other colleagues or team members, there may be clashes of strategy or style, as well as a lack of understanding of how the different team...
- CREST open to all practices. // New Zealand Doctor;12/5/2012, p17
The article reports the expansion of the Community Rehabilitation Enablement Support Team (CREST) where all general practices in greater Christchurch, New Zealand can now refer patients to Canterbury District Health Board community rehabilitation service.
- health team rounds. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1017
A definition of the medical term "health team rounds," which refers to scheduled discussions about the health problems, therapies and discharged needs of patients, is presented.
- Chronic mental disorders in general practice. Wilkinson, Greg; Falloon, Ian; Sen, Biswajit // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/9/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6505, p1302
Examines the chronic mental disorders in general practice. Provision of supportive care in the management of schizophrenia; Strategies for the care of patients with mental illness; Contribution of health care sectors in the management of patients.
- Our support for the vulnerable. // Pulse;7/13/2006, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p4
The article reports that the general practice Newnham Walk Surgery in Cambridge, England has established a support network to help care for its most vulnerable patients. A multidisciplinary team of general practitioners, occupational therapists, community psychiatric nurses and care managers...
- The clinical psychologist in a health centre: one year's work. McAllister, T.A.; Philip, A.E. // British Medical Journal;11/29/1975, Vol. 4 Issue 5995, p513
Reports the integration of health services project in Livingston, Michigan. Emphasis on multidisciplinary community health teams; Appointment of clinical psychologist to work in general practice; Discussions on the behavioral, emotional, and cognitive problems of patients.
- A few words from...Tony Townsend. // New Zealand Doctor;7/6/2016, p4
The article focuses on general practitioner (GP) Tony Townsend who discusses that best thing in his practice is his team which provides high-quality care to enrolled patients, things he would like to change in GP include contraction of generalism, reducing barriers in services and rationalisation.
- A New Method of Teamwork in Family Medicine in Israel with the Participation of Nurses as Physician's Assistants. Yodfat, V. // American Journal of Public Health;Jul1972, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p953
A system involving a family doctor-nurse team was put into operation in an Israeli town in 1967. New tasks were involved for the nurse. These are described. The number of patients seen by the physician have been reduced, greater satisfaction among patients, physicians and nurses has been...
- A survey of the sociodemographic and educational characteristics of oral health technicians in public primary health care teams in Minas Gerais, Brazil. Abreu, Mauro Henrique; Sanglard-Oliveira, Carla Aparecida; Jaruche, Abdul Rahman; Mambrini, Juliana Vaz; Werneck, Marcos Azeredo; Lucas, Simone Dutra // Human Resources for Health;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Background To describe some sociodemographic and educational characteristics of oral health technicians (OHTs) in public primary health care teams in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil. Methods A cross-sectional descriptive study was performed based on the telephone survey of a representative...