ASHP Award of Excellence
- Oncology pharmacy practice as a model for international collaborations. GOLDSPEIL, BARRY R. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/1/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p951
The author shares his experience of the opportunity he had to develop a scholarly talk on receiving the 2011 Donald E. Francke Medal. He mentions that he became familiar with Don Francke's work and quotes a few sayings from Francke Medal lecture. In his scholarly talk, the author comments on his...
- Pharmacist-provided MTM in the PCMH helps resolve medication-related problems across continuum of care. Talsma, Julia // Formulary;Apr2012, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p162
The article reports on a presentation which Marie Smith, a professor and assistant dean for Pharmacy Practice and Policy Partnerships in the University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy in Storrs, Connecticut, gave at the 2012 annual meeting and exposition of the American Pharmacists Association...
- Vale Alexandra Peters (Alex). Forsyth, Janet // Journal of Stomal Therapy Australia;Sep2014, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p30
No abstract available.
- Clinical Pharmacy COSP -- Standards of Practice for Clinical Pharmacy Services. Taylor, George // Journal of Pharmacy Practice & Research;Jun2013, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p91
The article discusses revised "Standards of Practice for Clinical Pharmacy Services" which were developed by the Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia's Committee of Specialty Practice and were released in 2013. In the article the author offers his opinions on the standards and their role...
- Clinical Therapeutics Primer: Link to the Evidence for the Ambulatory Care Pharmacist. Barros, Michael // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/1/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p458
The article reviews the book "Clinical Therapeutics Primer: Link to the Evidence for the Ambulatory Care Pharmacist," by Jennifer A. Reinhold and Grace Earl.
- Occupational Orientation and Overt Behavior--The Pharmacist as Drug Adviser to Patients. Linn, Lawrence S.; Davis, Milton S. // American Journal of Public Health;Jun1973, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p502
The study on which a report is presented explored patterns of advice about health problems given by pharmacists to patients, and the relationship of these patterns to the orientations of pharmacistsßžbusiness vs. professional. Findings are presented and discussed.
- HCAs and APs leading the way. Hand, Tanis // British Journal of Healthcare Assistants;Apr2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p162
The author comments on the recognition received by healthcare assistants (HCA) and assistant practitioners (AP) in a range of awards, such as the "Nursing Standard" journal's Nurse of the Year Awards. She mentions the importance for HCA and AP to make a difference to their patients or clients....
- ASHP Statement on Continuing Education. // Best Practices for Hospital & Health-System Pharmacy;2013/2014, p146
The article offers information on education and training guidance documents on pharmacy practice and patient care by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). Topics discussed include guidelines on professional policies for pharmacists continuing education process, developing...
- Research: support workers play vital role in dementia care. Schneider, Justine // British Journal of Healthcare Assistants;Oct2010, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p498
An in-depth observational study of healthcare assistants (HCAs) in dementia wards set out to identify the workforce issues. The study found that healthcare assistants generally worked with compassion and found the caring role immensely satisfying. HCAs took responsibility for the ward...