- Diphenhydramine. // Reactions Weekly;11/13/2010, Issue 1327, p14
The article describes the case of a 9-year-old who presented an altered level of consciousness after treatment with diphenhydramine, referencing a study published in the September 2010 issue of the journal "Pediatric Emergency Care."
- Diphenhydramine overdose. // Reactions Weekly;11/13/2010, Issue 1327, p14
The article describes the case of a 44-year-old woman who experienced unresponsiveness following ingestion of 60 diphenhydramine, referencing a study published in the January 2010 issue of the "Cardiology Journal."
- 'More side-effects' with dabigatran than warfarin. // Pulse;5/23/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 19, p4
The article reports on the new analysis on anticoagulant dabigatran which was found out to have more complications and side-effects than warfarin.
- Oxcarbazepine/warfarin interaction. // Reactions Weekly;12/5/2009, Issue 1281, p25
The article describes the case of a boy who developed warfarin resistance while receiving treatment with oxcarbazepine. He was referred to a clinic for a low international normalized ratio (INR) despite receiving warfarin therapy. Oxcarbazepine was stopped but he was still admitted since his INR...
- Warfarin. // Reactions Weekly;11/15/2008, Issue 1228, p34
The article describes the case of an 85-year-old woman who developed a massive retropharyngeal haematoma while receiving warfarin as an anticoagulant in atrial fibrillation. After receiving warfarin, he collapsed and experienced difficulty breathing. She was given vitamin K and prothrombin...
- RE-LY trial: both warfarin and dabigatran etexilate reduce GFR. // Reactions Weekly;Jul2015, Vol. 1558 Issue 1, p11
The article reports that according to findings from the multinational RE-LY trial, long-term treatment with warfarin or dabigatran etexilate reduces the glomerular filtration rate.
- Anticoagulation: Risk and benefits in atrial fibrillation. Fiore, Louis D. // Geriatrics;Jun96, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p22
Discusses the risks and benefits of using warfarin in atrial fibrillation. Effectiveness of warfarin in reducing the incidence of recurrent thrombosis and pulmonary embolism in patients with established deep-vein thrombosis; Principles of anticoagulant-induced bleeding; Concerns when...
- Anticoagulation. Fitzmaurice, David; Spink, Julian // Pulse;4/14/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p19
The article presents questions and answers related to warfarin including how it will initiate, its management and interactions.
- Warfarin-Induced Skin Necrosis: A Case Report. Abdul-Jabar, Hani Basil; Geroulakos, George; Philpott, Nicola; Fareed, Jawed // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Jan2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p101
Warfarin-induced skin necrosis is an unusual complication of anticoagulation therapy associated with high morbidity. A patient is presented who had protein C deficiency and in whom this complication developed twice within a short time as a result of delayed diagnosis. Early recognition of this...