New drugs and dosage forms
- Pharmacology Update: Fantanyl Sublingual Tablets (Abstral) CII. Elliott, William T.; Chan, James // Internal Medicine Alert;2/15/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p21
The article offers pharmacology update about the formulation of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved fentanyl sublingual tablets to alleviate pain in cancer patients.
- Fast Facts on Breakthrough Cancer Pain. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;2010, Issue 103, p11
An excerpt from an article on breakthrough cancer pain (BTCP) published in the April 2010 issue of the journal "Pain Community News" is presented.
- Nurses' views on what hinders pain management in oncology. // Cancer Nursing Practice;Feb2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the study conducted in three hospitals in Jordan which explores the hindrances to cancer pain management and mentions the use of a quantitative research method and a cross-sectional survey design.
- No cancer patient has to live in pain, but many still do. McNeil, Caroline // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;09/03/97, Vol. 89 Issue 17, p1250
Focuses on issues concerning the big gap existing between what can be done to manage cancer pain and what is done. Data showing large number of cancer sufferers die without adequate pain relief; Professionals' reaction to a British soap opera's portrayal of cancer pain management; State cancer...
- FDA Actions. Elliott, William T. // Clinical Cardiology Alert;Mar2011 Pharmacology, p2
No abstract available.
- FDA Actions. Elliott, William T. // Clinical Oncology Alert;Mar2011 Supplement, p2
No abstract available.
- New Fentanyl Approvals Hint At Track for Class-Wide REMS. Serebrov, Mari // BioWorld Insight;7/11/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p3
The article reports on the essence of risk evaluation and mitigation strategies (REMS) on the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) approval of fentanyl products. It discusses the competition between Onsolis and the fast-acting fentanyl products for cancer pain discovery wherein the REMS for Onsolis...
- Archimedes Breakthrough Pain Drug Gets Pain-Free REMS. Moran, Nuala // BioWorld International;7/6/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the effort of Archimedes Pharma Ltd. to create its U.S. operations, winning an approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Lazanda, the nasally delivered formulation of the anesthetic fentanyl, in the treatment of cancer pain. The formulation is...
- Orexo: Abstral(R) Approved in Canada. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/14/2011, p538
The article reports on the approval of Orexo AB's pain reliever, Abstral, by the Health Canada in 2011. Abstral, a formulation of fentanyl, is approved for the treatment of chronic cancer pain. Commenting on the approval, Orexo AB's president and chief executive officer (CEO), Anders...