- Are overseas graduates worth the paperwork? // People Management;4/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p40
The article offers advice to an engineering firm regarding its plan to cut back recruitment from outside the European Union (EU) in line with the current recession. Neil Shaw, graduate recruitment manager at Arup, relates that some firms often recruit local workers due to fear and a lack of...
- LAW NEWS. // People Management;4/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p37
This section offers news briefs related to law in Great Britain of interest to human resources (HR) practitioners. It relates the benefit of the Legal Services Act 2007 for HR specialists or equity partners in solicitors' practices. The Court of Appeal had ruled in favor of British Airways (BA)...
- RESOURCING & TALENT. // People Management;Nov2011, p16
This section offers news briefs pertaining to resourcing and talent in companies in Great Britain, including the plan to reduce the annual migration cap for non-European Union skilled workers, according to British Prime Minister David Cameron, the stiffer salary test to be faced by migrant...
- 4.9 UK TAXATION FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS. Cook, Tim // Investors' Guide to the United Kingdom;2011/2012, p260
The article discusses the taxes that cover a foreign national who wants to live and work in Great Britain as of January 2011. It cites the three personal taxes that an individual could be liable, namely, income tax, capital gains tax (CGT), and inheritance tax (IHT). The other topics discussed...
- Develop good habits. Murphy, Lynn // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p72
Offers tips for personnel management professionals on how to implement CPD programs. Types of behavior of personnel management professionals of keep CPD records.
- Future challenges and opportunities for the HR profession. Heneman III, Herbert G.; Metzler, Cynthia A.; Thomas, Jr., R. Roosevelt; Donohue, Thomas J.; Frantzreb, Riachard B. // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p68
Discusses the future challenges and opportunities in the human resource (HR) profession. Methods of teaching HR competencies to line managers; Risks faced by HR professionals; Challenges faced by HR professionals who hope to remain relevant to their organizations.
- THE POLITICS OF MANAGING PEOPLE. Gerardi, Michael T. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct78, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
No abstract available.
- HR career issues... O'Halioran, Esther; Maxted, John // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p17
The article provides an answer to a question on how an old-school human resources (HR) director should start for change management.
- HR is not immune to suits. Miklave, Matthew T.; Trafimow, A. Jonathan // Workforce;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p97
Examines the possibility for human resource (HR) professionals to be sued by employees or former employees for company-related issues. How HR managers can avoid being sued by employees; Importance of the access to and use of labor counsel in performing HR functions.