- State's jobs Web site helps companies keep eye on the competition. FITZGERALD, BETH // njbiz;4/20/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on the role of the Web site of the State Department of Labor and Workforce Development in tracking worker shortages in New Jersey. The Real Time Jobs in Demand feature of the site links to lists of occupations with worker shortages, sorted by the level of education required....
- Untitled. Krell, Eric // HR Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p70
The article presents several strategies that employers can adopt to deal with the problem of a decreasing workforce talent pool. These include the implementation of a workforce strategy, treating training as an investment, and collaborating with industry and business partners. According to Terry...
- CORPORATE ALTRUISM THAT PAYS DIVIDENDS. // Drug Store News;3/3/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p24
The article features the next-generation distribution center of Walgreen Co., which will serve more than 700 Walgreens drug stores located in Anderson, South Carolina. According to Randy Lewis, senior vice president of distribution and logistics, they want to hire at least 200 people with...
- A question of loyalty. Overell, Stephen // Personnel Today;3/26/2002, p14
Examines the importance of loyalty in the working force in Great Britain. Advantages of a short-term interests; Characteristics of the employees; Significance of motivation.
- Further Reading. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Dec2008, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p27
The article lists publications for further reading which includes "Decision Matrix: Selecting a Workforce Optimization Vendor (Competitor Focus)," Leading Speech Applications That Will Unlock Enterprise Budgets (Strategic Focus)," and "Broadcast Technology in Western Europe and North America,...
- In Brief. // New Hampshire Business Review;2/7/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p5A
Reports business developments in New Hampshire as of February 2003. Importance of a diverse work force; Presentation of business plan overview of the executives during the Enterprise Forums; Assessment of the government efficiency audit.
- People's ideas and passions make all the difference. Raj, Zain // Direct Marketing News;Apr2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p49
In this article, the author offers suggestion on how to attract and retain a talented workforce and motivate them for more productivity.
- Cycling proficiency. Hirsh, Wendy; Reilly, Peter // People Management;7/9/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p36
Discusses skill-based planning and auditing as part of business strategy. Importance of organizational capabilities; Link of capability to organizational values; Reason for the absence of information about labor supply; Issues regarding conduction of skills audits.
- Marshalling forces. LANE, AMY; WELCH, SHERRI // Crain's Detroit Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p0009
The article focuses on the Workforce Intelligence Network (WIN), a coalition of eight community colleges and seven Michigan Works agencies that responds the real-time employment needs. It says that WIN has been funded through 1.5 million dollars grant from the New Economy Initiative (NEI)....