THE FUTURES MARKET
- It takes more than great jobs. . . // Employee Benefit News;Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p24
Focuses on a survey by KPMG regarding the importance of community quality of life in hiring employees in the United States. Factors that ranked first among the considerations for working; Concept of community quality.
- From the CUR Issue Editor. Stocks, Janet E. // Council on Undergraduate Research Quarterly;Fall2012, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the ways undergraduate research projects have led to institutional change, the potential of students as change agents, and ideas for research project.
- The Development of Engineering Students Professional Identity During Workplace Learning in Industry: A study in Dutch Bachelor Education. Dehing, A.; Jochems, W.; Baartman, L. // Engineering Education;Jul2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p42
Workplace learning in industry is perceived to have a powerful influence on the development of students engineering identity. But, teachers also observed vast developmental differences between students during workplace learning. To find explanations for these differences, we studied students...
- Tracking work/life benefit trends. Lingle, Kathleen M. // Business Insurance;6/20/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p24
This article presents an interview with Kathleen M. Lingle, served as national work/life director at KPMG LLP, where she had primary responsibility for creating and implementing workplace strategies for KPMG's 18,000 U.S. firm members. Lingle responded to the query related to the biggest trend...
- John B. Veihmeyer. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p54
The article profiles John B. Veihmeyer, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of New York City-based KPMG LLP. It mentions that Veihmeyer is a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting graduate at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana. Veihmeyer believes that diversity in the...
- Team Diversity. // Team Diversity - CPW;Jan2013, p1
The article focuses on the concept of team diversity in the workplace. It states that employees are different in terms of age, gender, sexual preference, race, and religion. It cites the advantages of team diversity such as permits members to share unusual views, varied skill set, knowledge,...
- Back-to-school DIY. // Dolly;Feb2015, Issue 529, p110
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating a personalized student workspace at home that include a Washi Tape Wall Calendar, Upcycled Pen Caddy and Sticker Mandala Folder.
- Overseas takeovers set to hit record high. // Professional Engineering;03/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on a study which was conducted by KPMG Corporation Finance, pertaining to the acquisition of British engineering companies by foreign businesses. Comparison of the amount of money that foreign buyers spent on British companies during 1996 and 1997; Value of the overall sales of British...
- 'I am not a Person with a Creative Mind': Facilitating Creativity in the Undergraduate Curriculum Through a Design-Based Research Approach. Wood, Denise; Bilsborow, Carolyn // Electronic Journal of e-Learning;2014, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p111
Today's graduates need the skills to enable them to 'persevere in the face of complexity and unresolvability' (McWilliam and Haukka 2008: 660), and to respond creatively in work environments that are increasingly dependent on digital technologies (Cunningham 2006). However, although many higher...