- Learning use of social media. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;3/17/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 33, p8
The article focuses on a training program entitled "Use of Social Media" sponsored by the Saint Louis Building and Construction Trades Council in Missouri in an effort to assist unions and other organizations the use of the new medium of communications including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- Social media training session this Friday. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;3/3/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 31, p5
The article offers information on the special training program on the use of social media to help unions connect with their members, to be held in Electrical Workers Training Center on the corner of Elizabeth and Hampton Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri on March 4, 2011.
- At work and online: NLRB restricts employers' social media rules. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Oct2012, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p7
The article focuses on the employers' social media rules of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). It says that Section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) protects employee rights of freedom of association, protection or mutual aid, or help labor organizations to bargain...
- Employee Relations. // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p19
Presents news briefs related to employee relations in Great Britain as of August 1997. Efforts of unions to press for rights from the first day of work and the right to union recognition; Research by Cranfield School of Management on the impact of downsizing on the effectiveness of personnel...
- The union role in labor-management cooperation. Levine, Marvin J. // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;1997, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p203
Examines the role of labor unions in labor-management cooperation. Introduction and implementation of programs stressing labor-management cooperation; Improvement of the productivity and quality of work; Provision of employees with a sense of involvement in the decision-making process.
- THE DECLINE IN TRADE UNION MEMBERSHIP. Parker, C.H. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;May10, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p564
Focuses on the decline in trade-union membership. Evidence of settled policy of antagonism toward trade unions; Invention of labor-saving devices.
- Tyneside turnaround. Whitworth, Mick // Food Manufacture;Apr2002, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the industrial relations management of the Fawdon factory of NestlÃ©. Creation of a trade union partnership arrangement; Receipt of the Best Process Factory in the manufacturing awards sponsored by 'Management Today'; Division of the workforce into zones.
- John E. Burns Reports:. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Oct68, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p15
Presents news briefs about trade-unions and industrial relations. Unionization of physicians aboard Grace Line ships; Five day work week in East Germany; Bargaining unit in the U.S.
- Unions turn up heat, push for membership. Schneider, A.J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/22/96, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p4
Focuses on the relationship of employers and the labor unions in the Indiana labor market. Membership recruitment plans of the AFL-CIO; Placing of union salts within a company; Hiring of replacement workers by employers during strikes.