RESOURCING & TALENT
- COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS. // Manufacturer;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p12
The article reports buyback of 1 billion pound by power system manufacturer Rolls-Royce after sale of a energy gas turbine and a compressor to engineering and electronics conglomerate Siemens and also mentions views of Rolls-Royce chief executive officer John Rishton on material acquisitions plan.
- R-R sells its GT business to Siemens. // Modern Power Systems;May2014, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the agreement signed by power systems provider Rolls-Royce to sell its gas turbine and compressor business to electronics company Siemens AG for Â£785 million.
- Up to speed. Boyle, Ken // People Management;01/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p35
Describes the project of Rolls-Royce which established an in-house upgrading panel to develop a framework of standards and competencies for its human resources (HR) staff. Mentors for the HR staff; External education for HR professionals; Goal of the program; Managers who were responsible for...
- A Bull Market for Gas Turbines. RAY, RUSSELL // Power Engineering;Jun2014, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p28
The article discusses how North America is becoming a strong market for gas turbine manufacturers led by increased demand for flexible, efficient and small-scale generation. Topics discussed include Siemen's acquisition of aeroderivative gas turbine business of Rolls-Royce, rivalry between GE...
- Sale by Rolls means farewell to a great engineering name. // Professional Engineering;04/16/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on Rolls Royce's sale of Parsons Power Generation Systems to Siemens. Plans to sell International Combustion (IC); Siemens' aggressive pursuit of the mechanical engineering market by buying capacity.
- Siemens to acquire Rolls-Royce energy turbine business. // Engineer (Online Edition);5/7/2014, p2
The article discusses the acquisition of the energy gas turbine and compressor division of the power systems provider Rolls-Royce by the engineering and electronics firm Siemens AG for 785 million British pounds. Topics covered include the licensing agreement between the companies, the customer...
- Siemens completes acquisition of Parsons. // Modern Power Systems;Aug97, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p11
Reports on Siemens AG's acquisition of Parsons Power Generation from Rolls-Royce PLC.
- Cluster effect. // Engineer (00137758);Sep2013, Vol. 296 Issue 7844, p30
The author comments on the significance of job fairs to engineering graduates in Great Britain. According to the author, traditional job fairs usually have limited value in terms of employability training and that the interest of students are not stimulated. He discusses the development of the...
- Results underline Subcon's success. excell, mike. // MWP (Online Edition);9/28/2012, p283
The article reports on the success of the subcontract manufacturing exhibition held on June 7-9, 2012 at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham , England. The event attracted 7% more visitors compared to MACH machine tool exhibition in 2010. The visitor profile was notable for the...