- Demise of Andersen firm will have global effects. Flanigan, James // Journal of Business (10756124);4/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, pA4
Focuses on the closure of accounting firm Arthur Andersen LLP and its effect globally. Number of employees employed at Andersen; Amount paid by Andersen to settle lawsuits from shareholders; Effect on the accounting cost in U.S.
- National Firms' Legal Worries. // Practical Accountant;Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the legal cases against accounting firm, Arthur Andersen in the U.S. Role in the bankruptcy of audit client, Enron Corp.; Arguments in defense to shareholder lawsuits; Manipulation of the financial statements.
- Local accounting firms benefiting from Andersen's legal troubles. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;4/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p30
Focuses on the impact of accounting scandal of Arthur Andersen LLP on accounting firms in the U.S. Occurrence of mass employee defections; Reasons for the scandal; Charges filed by the U.S. Justice Department against the company.
- Lear, Dura may dump Andersen. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;4/8/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p1
Reports the plan of Lear Corp., Dura Automotive Systems Inc. and Esperion Therapeutics Inc. to terminate the services of accounting firm Arthur Andersen LLP in Detroit, Michigan. Contingency plans for the accounting services; Assessment of the obstruction of justice charges against Andersen;...
- Andersen scrambles. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/28/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1
Reports the issues concerning the clients and shareholders of Andersen Corp. in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of the downfall of Andersen on the marketshare; Statement regarding the Andersen scandal by managing partner Michael C. Hall; Plans of accounting firm competitors on the clients of Andersen.
- Andersen facing crunch from LI cos. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/18/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p5A
Reports on the selection of Arthur Andersen LLP as the auditor of Brooklyn Union Gas and KeySpan Corp. in Long Island, New York. Involvement of Arthur Andersen LLP with Enron Energy Corp.; Assessment of the situation of the company; Confidence of the companies in hiring Arthur Andersen LLP.
- Despite layoffs, Andersen finds some silver linings. Cornell, Ryan // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p6
Announces the layoff of the Arthur Andersen LLP by the accounting firm in Cleveland, Ohio. Decrease of firm's technical and human resources; Company operation on estate and gift planning; Reorganization of the company.
- Andersen's NY rivals pick up easy pieces. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;5/20/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on the competition faced by accounting firm Arthur Andersen LLP in New York. Competitors having the most number of accounting staffs; Condition of rival PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP; Status of market confidence towards Andersen.
- Auditors at law. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p15
Discusses the emergence of accounting firms such as Arthur Andersen LLP as prime competitors to law firms. Efforts of major accounting firms to offer legal services; Rapid blurring of lines separating accounting and law firms; Impact of changing market demands on the once-distinct specialties...