STEAL THIS IDEA
- Stray far enough to find Follia. Moore, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;3/14/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p40
The article reports on the demand of Italian food in Chicago, Illinois. Italian food seems never to go out of fashion. Restaurant "Follia" in Chicago may become the author's favorite restaurant in Chicago â€” even though it's in a rough part of town, is not open for lunch and there's...
- Re-Learning Preparedness Lessons. LAWN, JOHN // Food Management;Dec2012, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the significance of an emergency preparedness plan for dealing with natural and other disasters. It is inferred that a foodservice director may contribute to the effectiveness of the preparation of a host institution by ensuring that foodservice supply chain relationships...
- Operators talk trends at Tyson University. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/10/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p44
The article reports that a session of Tyson University was held at Fort Worth, Texas. It was a program that allows foodservice operators to participate in discussions on industry trends, product knowledge and the business support provided by Tyson Foods. Tyson Foods donated 35,000 pounds of...
- Operation H.O.P.E. // Current Health 1;Feb1994, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p22
Presents Berlin Community School teacher Barbara Rote's fifth-grade students' creation of a special food drive for the people of Berlin, New Jersey. Students' awareness of the hunger problem in the United States from article in `Current Health 1' periodical; Contributions from school children.
- South Korea. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/23/95, Vol. 87 Issue 146, p2
Informs about the emergency rice aid for North Korea from its capitalist rival South Korea.
- North Korea's extremity. // Christian Science Monitor;6/17/97, Vol. 89 Issue 141, p20
Editorial. Discusses food aid to North Korea. Comparison of giving food aid to North Korea to helping a trapped animal; Position of leaders in North Korea on food aid; Reference to some of the countries committed to providing food to North Korea; Problems with the food aid on reaching North Korea.
- Hammer and sickle prove poor farm tools in N. Korea. Baker, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/96, Vol. 88 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the effects of North Korea's appeal for food aid to the United States (US). Details on this effect; How American officials handle the situation; Information on North Korea's announcement to stop searching for remains of US soldiers; Examination of how South Korea views the...
- An African nightmare. // Newsweek;11/26/1984, Vol. 104 Issue 21, p56
Flood of generosity. All over America, and in many other places around the world, the horrifying images of Africa's famine have shaken hundreds of thousands of people out of their complacency. Now that the story is finally out, another major question is how long, the concern will last. The...
- The unending emergency. Zuehlke, Mark // Canada & the World Backgrounder;1994, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p28
Discusses various aspects of food banks in Canada and reports that the first ones opened in the early 1980s and are still open in 1994. The Edmonton Gleaners Association; Estimates on the number of food banks in Canada; Results of a survey of 70,000 adults using the Daily Bread Food Bank in...