Non-Patient Service Drives Hospitals
- Rush To Better Health. // Food Management;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the implementation of a healthful station concept at the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. The station captures about two to three percent of lunch sales, which has been observed as continually increasing. Mary Gregoire, director of food and nutrition...
- Hospital's "Rotating" Solution. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p38
The article offers the insight of Linda Mack, director of food and nutrition at West Georgia Health hospital in LaGrange, Georgia, regarding the 15% increase in cafeteria revenue by offering a space to restaurateurs on a daily basis.
- AT ST. VINCENT HOSPITAL: Temporary f/s fix proves to be
full-time sales booster. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the positive impact of an approach used by foodservice officials in a cafeteria at St. Vincent Hospital and Medical Center during the remodeling of the main kitchen on its financial performance in the U.S. Dishes served by the officials; Prices of the dishes; Approximate number of...
- THE BIG PICTURE: OPERATIONS. // FoodService Director;12/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p56
The article discusses the results of the survey conducted by the Big Picture research firm regarding business revenue in catering services. It states that the largest reported catering revenue growth was in the business and industry (B&I) sector which was 48%, followed by colleges with 43%...
- Hospitals tighten ship. // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p37
Reports on the financial performance of hospital foodservices in the U.S. participating in the annual "Hospital Industry Census Report" of the "FoodService Director" periodical. Challenges faced by hospitals in foodservice operations; Average foodservice labor expenses generated by hospitals in...
- Mapping opportunity. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/17/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 22, p11
The article reports on the growth in the financial performance of restaurants from around the world in 2013. Topics covered include information on the total foodservice sales in the U.S. and Canada and the increase in sales posted by restaurants in Middle East Africa and Latin America. Also...
- Called Foodbuy.Com: Internet GPO Takes Aim at $3 Billion Revenue Goal. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p1
Deals with the formation of FoodBuy.com, an Internet group purchasing organization led by Scott MacLellan. Anticipated annual earnings of the group; Goal of FoodBuy; How it works.
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.