Total Ankle Replacement with Use of a New Three-Component Implant
- Perioperative complications of the MOBILITY total ankle system: comparison with the HINTEGRA total ankle system. KYUNG TAI LEE; YOUNG KOO LEE; KI WON YOUNG; HAK JUN KIM; SHIN YI PARK; JIN SU KIM; KI CHUN KIM // Journal of Orthopaedic Science;May2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p317
The perioperative complications associated with MOBILITY total ankle replacement arthroplasty have not yet been reported. During the research period from May 2008 to June 2009, a total of 30 consecutive cases of ankle arthritis were treated with surgery. An investigation into the perioperative...
- A systematic review of outcome and failure rate of uncemented Scandinavian total ankle replacement. Zhao, Hongmou; Yang, Yunfeng; Yu, Guangrong; Zhou, Jiaqian // International Orthopaedics;Dec2011, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p1751
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to provide cumulative data about the intermediate to long-term outcome of Scandinavian total ankle replacement (STAR) in the literature and to provide a summary of survival rate, implant failure rate and reasons. Methods: A comprehensive search for all...
- Revision Total Ankle Replacement. Myerson, Mark S.; Aiyer, Amiethab A.; Ellington, J. Kent // Essential Surgical Techniques;Apr-Jun2015, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p1
The article offers step-by-step instructions for revision total ankle replacement.
- Effect of anterior translation of the talus on outcomes of three-component total ankle arthroplasty. Keun-Bae Lee; Myung-Sun Kim; Kyung-Soon Park; Kyu-Jin Cho; Primadhi, Andri // BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background: Ankle osteoarthritis commonly involves sagittal malalignment with anterior translation of the talus relative to the tibia. Total ankle arthroplasty has become an increasingly popular treatment for patients with symptomatic ankle osteoarthritis. However, no comprehensive study has...
- Is Cement Block Arthroplasty the Next Big Thing in Ankles? Greisberg, Justin // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;9/3/2014, Vol. 96 Issue 17, pe152(1)
The author comments on a study about cement arthroplasty for ankle joint destruction. He highlights the procedures involved in the study which include talar body replacement, ankle/hindfoot arthrodesis and cement block arthroplasty. He emphasizes the need to develop techniques for dealing the...
- Outcome after total ankle arthroplasty-results and findings from worldwide arthroplasty registers. Labek, Gerold; Todorov, Svilen; Iovanescu, Liviu; Stoica, Christian; Böhler, Nikolaus // International Orthopaedics;Sep2013, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p1677
Purpose: The data currently available concerning total ankle arthroplasty (TAA) does not allow valid conclusions in several clinically relevant areas. Total ankle arthroplasty imposes special requirements on the methodology of data collection, evaluation, publication and the assessment of...
- RTehseaerc hInternational Documentation and Evaluation
System IDES: a single center observational case
series for development of an ankle prosthesis
documentation questionnaire and study of its
feasibility and face validity. Diel, Peter; Thier, Christoph; Aghayev, Emin; Preis, Markus; Dudda, Marcel; Espinosa, Norman; Röder, Christoph // Journal of Foot & Ankle Research;2010, Vol. 3, p4
Background: The number of implanted total ankle replacements is increasing and most articles present short- and mid-term results. Comparison of outcomes is difficult because of inconsistent terminology and different use of parameters. Materials and methods: We created a module for total ankle...
- POINT/COUNTER. Kofoed, Hakon; Henricson, Anders // Orthopaedics Today Europe;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p13
The article presents two contrasting views on whether there should be age limits for patients eligible for total ankle arthroplasty.
- How well can skin marker analysis detect the kinematics of a total ankle arthroplasty? - a comparison to videofluoroscopy. List, Renate; Gerber, Hans; Foresti, Mauro; Lorenzetti, Silvio; Rippstein, Pascal; Stüssi, Edgar // Journal of Foot & Ankle Research;2012 Supplement 1, Vol. 5 Issue Suppl 1, p1
An abstract of the article "How Well Can Skin Marker Analysis Detect the Kinematics of a Total Ankle Arthroplasty? - A Comparison to Videofluoroscopy," by Renate List, Hans Gerber, Mauro Foresti, Silvio Lorenzetti, Pascal Rippstein, and Edgar StÃ¼ssi is presented.