DID YOU KNOW?
- In Pursuit of Reference Skills. Gordon, Anitra // School Library Journal;Mar87, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p119
Describes an activity designed for the celebration of Black History Month in the United States. List of encyclopedias and almanacs for headings such as black and minorities; Difficulty of the geography category.
- Show What You Know. // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;Feb2012, Vol. 81, Special section p4
A quiz about Black History Month is presented.
- HISTORY Lessons. // Principal Leadership;Feb2011, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p7
The article reveals that the History channel is celebrating Black history month in February 2011 with videos, audio clips, and photo galleries.
- Ebony Escapes! to the City of Lights. Allman-Baldwin, Lysa // New York Amsterdam News;2/28/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p28
The article profiles the entertainment features of Paris, France. It highlights how the African-Americans considered the city of lights as the spectacular place for entertainment and for their Black History Month celebration and mentions the brief features of the French city including its...
- Why February for Black History? // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;02/14/2000, Vol. 68 Issue 17, p2
Explains the reasons for choosing February as the Black History month.
- CELEBRATING BLACK HISTORY MONTH. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;2/9/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p33
The article presents information on events related to the celebration of the Black History Month in the U.S. in February 2006. An exhibit entitled the African Legacy in Modern Art will be featured at the Arkansas State University. A lecture concerning African American personality Nikki Giovanni...
- Black History Month Prompts Celebrations. // Back Stage;02/05/99, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p3
Lists events for the 1999 Black History Month in New York. Performances offered by Women of Color Productions and the Henry Street Settlement; Film to be shown by the Ellington Room at Manhattan Plaza; Programs to be shown by the Museum of Television and Radio.
- Plan now for Black History Month. // Reading Today;Dec2009, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p38
The article reports on the Black History Month celebration in the U.S. With the theme "The History of Black Economic Empowerment," historian Carter G. Woodson set the theme every year on the importance of African Americans becoming entrepreneurs to flourish in modern America. Furthermore, it...
- Libraries Celebrate Black History. DeCandido, GraceAnne A.; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;5/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p18
Reports that public and academic libraries in the U.S. have been commemorating Black History Month with traditional and innovative programs. Speech which was given by Ronnie Nichols at the Central Arkansas Library System about the role of blacks in the Civil War; Details of the Second Annual...