Forests for the PEOPLE
- OFF TO ADVENTURE! // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;5/3/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 23, p2
Explains the beginning of William Clark's and Meriwether Lewis' expedition to the land west of Mississippi River.
- Cold Crossing. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;4/15/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 21, p3
Presents information on the journey of explorer Ann Bancroft and Liv Arnesen across the Arctic Ocean.
- Nine days and nights on the trail, 1904. Stobie, Margaret // Beaver;Jun/Jul90, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p6
Presents the author's story of the trip west in 1904. The author's family background; Experiences she gained from travelling; How people treated them in different places where they stopped; How they put up their life in the place where they transferred.
- The last voyages of the `St. Roch' Robinson, J. Lewis // Beaver;Dec/Jan96, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the voyages of the `St. Roch' a police patrol vessel. Conquer of the Northwest Passage; Historical event at Cambridge Bay; Task.
- TRIP FINDER: Ridgewalks. // Backpacker;Jun2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p32
The article offers information on various places fit for weekend trips in the U.S., including Tahoe National Forest in California, Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming, and Bigelow Preserve in Maine.
- Extend Your Season. // Backpacker;Nov2011, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p7
The article suggests places in the U.S. which can be visited on a fall weekend including Albany, New York; Asheville, North Carolina; and Atlanta, Georgia.
- Sinai up for these excursions. Sibley, Lisa // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/3/2006, Issue 2702, p64
The article introduces two ways of excursions at the Red Sea in Sinai. Exploring into the dessert is far more better than sea excursions wherein the author gives suggestions of excursions namely: an ascent of Moses Mountain in the Sinai Desert to view the sunrise and second is an evening ascent...
- Scenes From Eastern Highways and Byways. Ehl, Martin // Transitions Online;10/4/2010, p1
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of traveling to the east of Central Europe.
- Sleeping with Ospreys, Fishing with Pelicans. Thomasson, David; Dixon, April // Ash Breeze;Spring2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p16
Presents an article on cruising the Ten Thousand Islands of the Everglades National Park in Florida from December 25 to 30, 2001. Landscape of the place; Description of the vegetation; Information on the sailing conditions of the place.
- Adventure to Antarctica. Johnson, Rob // Yachting;Sep2007, Vol. 202 Issue 3, p98
The article describes a 2004 sailing voyage to South Georgia Island.