Turmoil hits PSE, shares suspended
- Sporitelna shareholders offered buyout. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p1
Reports the launch of a bid to buy out minority shareholders by Anteilsverwaltungssparkasse (AVS), a shareholder in Czech Republic. Confirmation of Jack Stack, a chief executive officer at ÄŒeskÃ¡ SpoÅ™telna Bank, on cotribution to political parties; Recommendation of shareholders.
- Kmer...nÃ Banka privatization biggest event for 2001 retail banking. Srb, Michal // Prague Business Journal;12/17/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 50, pS10
Recounts major events in the banking sector in the Czech Republic in 2001. Privatization of Ceska Sporitelna Bank and Erste Bank; Merger between Hypovereinsbank AG and Bank Austria Creditanstalt; Forecasts for the industry in 2002.
- CEE Stocks Battered. Brandman, James // Global Finance;Dec99, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p21
Looks at the stocks of the Communaute Economique Europeenne (CEE) company. Heavyweight stocks in Poland that suffered sharp losses; Performance of the stocks of Ceske Radiokomunikace company and Ceska Sporitelna company; Status of the stocks Terapia company and Arctic company.
- Erste Bank/BCR: an expensive but valuable foothold in CEE. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Feb2006, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p6
The article reports that Austrian firm Erste Bank has purchased a controlling stake in Romanian state-owned bank BCR Bank. The E3.7 billion purchase of the 62 percent share in BCR by Erste did not only completed the most expensive foreign transaction ever by an Austrian firm, but also paid the...
- AVS receives double boost of ÄŒeskÃ¡ SpoÅ™itelna offer. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;4/8/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the boost of the buyout bid for savings bank ÄŒeskÃ¡ SpoÅ™itelna in Prague, Czech Republic. Supporters of the offer from Anteilsverwaltungssparkasse; Approval of the offer by the Securities Commission; Effects of the decision of minority shareholders of the company on the...
- Czech Republic: PX Targeting 1,275. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/7/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p17
The article focuses on an outlook for the PX equity index of Czech Republic in the second half of 2008. After losing 11.9% of its value between June 18 and July 3, 2008, the index has already breached support at 1,475 level. Noted in the article is the possibility that the index will trade at...
- Small man syndrome. Vermeulen, Amanda; Hasenfuss, Marc; De Klerk, Vic; Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;8/2/2004, p8
Focuses on minority buyouts in the South African business sector in 2004. Reasons cited by minority shareholders for unloading their shares; Volume of delistings made by minority shareholders in 2003; Implications for the business sector.
- Results bring out bull in PSE. Loula, Marek // Prague Business Journal;11/5/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p23
Reports the third quarter business results of major companies for the year 2001 indicated in the Prague Stock Exchange in Prague, Czech Republic. Contribution of Ceska Sporitelna company and CEZ company on the rise of Prague Stock Exchange; PX-50 index for the capital market; Amount of the...
- Erste Czech unit to cut staff. // Regional Today;03/11/2013, p4
The article reports on the move by Erste Group's Czech Republic bank subsidiary Ceska Sporitelna as of mid-March 2013 to eliminate 600 staff or 6.5% of its workforce in the next few months as a means to confront increasing competition and weak economy.