Temporary employment firms see growth as sign of maturing market
- Super Temps to the Rescue. Sommars, Jack // ColoradoBiz;Nov99, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p32
Focuses on the temporary worker industry of Colorado. Different ways employers use temporary staffing agencies; Pay of workers; Power of the word-of-mouth in recruitment; Benefits offered by some of the staffing agencies of Colorado. INSET: Tech's New Niches, By Anne Kerven.
- Temporary help workers: who they are, what jobs they hold. Howe, Wayne J. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov86, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p45
Examines trends in the temporary help supply service industry in the United States, collected in May 1985 through a special supplement of the Current Population Survey. Wage and salary employment in the sector; Characteristics of temporary help workers; Supply and demand for temporary labor;...
- Temporary employment agencies. Sherman // Orange County Business Journal;11/01/99, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p24
Lists temporary employment agencies in Orange County, California. Corporate headquarters and contact information; Number of employees; Average hourly wage; Services offered; Officials.
- Largest temporary service firms. Fenrick, Katrina; Schmidt, Kathleen // Crain's Chicago Business;03/20/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p25
Presents data on the largest temporary service firms in Chicago, Illinois, as of 1999. Financial performance; Growth of employment; Includes Staffing Network; Interim Services; Manpower Inc.; Robert Half International Inc.
- Temp agencies boost totals in 1st quarter. // Inside Tucson Business;07/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p31
Reports on the increase of average daily employment in temporary help industry in Tucson, Arizona for the first quarter of 1998 according to a survey done by the National Association of Temporary Staffing Services. Percentage of increase in both revenue and payroll.
- Temping heats up. Breitkopf, David // Westchester County Business Journal;08/07/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p11
Reports on the increasing demand for temporary employment agencies in New York. Difficulties in finding suitable workers; Benefits from temporary employment.
- Temp worker demand jumps. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);11/4/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 23, pA13
The article focuses on the condition of several temporary employees in Spokane County, Washington. It mentions the strong demand for temporary workers by companies. In addition, Provisional Staffing Services Inc. cites the 35% increase of temporary help in the state. Furthermore, the slow and...
- The temp pool's shrinking. Davidson, Linda // Workforce (10928332);Apr97, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p72
Looks at the causes of problems on temporary staffing shortage and ways to keep flexible staffing strategy enjoyable. How low supply of temporary workers affects high-growth companies; Difficulties in meeting the increased demand for new-age skills; How temporary staffing firms are working to...
- Temps and the labor market. Lips, Brad // Regulation;Spring98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p31
Focuses on the United States' labor market. Why labor unions fear staffing companies; Beneficial services offered by staffing companies; Function of temporary staffing; Percentage of temporary payroll by industry segment; Factors considered in decision to become a temporary employee.