Skoda sings praises of centralized Internet auto parts ordering system
- Skoda and Volkswagen launch apps. // Motor Equipment News;Nov2013, p5
The article reports that automotive manufacturers Skoda and Volkswagen have launched servicing and maintenance application software in 2013.
- VW raises Skoda stake. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;11/21/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5579, p2
Reports that Volkswagen AG has agreed to take over majority control of Skoda Automobili AS from the Czech government. Percentage increase in Volkswagen's stake; Agreement to increase Skoda production.
- Central Europe copes with worker shortage. Frink, Lyle // Automotive News Europe;8/21/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p6
The article focuses on the challenges being faced by automobile manufacturers and suppliers in recruiting workers following the growth of the automobile industry in central and eastern Europe. The Czech Republic is one of the fast-growing region with an estimated 120,000 workers. Volkswagen...
- Confidential. // Automotive News Europe;6/9/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p11
This section offers news briefs from the automotive industry of Europe. BMW engineers are working on ways to transform the heat energy of exhaust gases into electrical current as part of the automaker's EfficientDynamics strategy for improving fuel consumption and lowering emissions. The rapidly...
- Skoda to make its marque without VW. Maling, Nick // Marketing Week;11/12/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p21
Looks at the plan of Czech car maker Skoda to drop the Volkswagen badge in its cars. Cost of the acquisition of Skoda by Volkswagen; Respect gained by Skoda after it was acquired by Volkswagen; Marketing director appointed by Skoda.
- Skoda distributor sounds off. Weernink, Wim Oude // Automotive News;9/16/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6002, p36
Reports the reaction of automobile distributor Skoda on plans of Volkswagen AG to reorganize its model range in Europe. Lack of direction of the company; Promise of the company to Skoda; Schedule of the launch of the Stadtlieferwagen.
- Volkswagen centralizes media. // Adweek Western Edition;5/9/94, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p14
Reports on media-buying plans by the Volkswagen Audi Group. Estimated cost; SKODA and SEAT as part of centralized media buying business; BMP DDB Needham as owners of $38-million United Kingdom volkswagen media business.
- VW yields to Skoda in Slovakia. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;7/30/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p15
Reports on the status of Volkswagen in the automobile market of Slovakia in 2001. Number of units that have been built by VW in the country in 1996 and 2000; Comparison of Skoda's business operation with Volkswagen's; Potential of the Slovakian market.
- VW may market Gol to emerging countries. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;7/31/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5886, p22L
Focuses on car company Volkswagen's business operations in Central Europe as of July 31, 2000. Acquisition of Czech Republic-based car company Skoda; Introduction of the Gol low-cost car in the region.