Local car parts makers say there's room for foreign competition
- Labor savings drive auto parts vf/f/s bagging. Lingle, Rick // Packaging Digest;Oct96, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p132
Focuses the labor savings scheme of Monroe Auto Equipment with the use of automated small parts counting and bagging line. Use of six Batchmaster Series II Counters; Advantages of vertical form/fill/seal bagger from Batching Systems Inc. INSET: On-line, on-film CAD diagram..
- Wagon uses new plant to attract more niche deals. Graham, Alex // Automotive News Europe;11/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p7
Reports on the decision of France's Wagon Automotive to supply structural and external body panel subassemblies for Peugeot 307 CC automobile, as of November 2003. Objective behind the decision; Details of the deal between the companies; Background on Wagon Automotive.
- Monroe plans plant in Mexico. Ramirez, Charles E. // Automotive News;6/20/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5557, p20
Reports on the ground breaking in Monroe Auto Equipment's shock and strut plant in Celaya, Mexico.
- A Thompson tradition. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;10/9/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5627, p27
Reports on Monroe Auto Equipment Co. president Jack Thompson's views about being appointed as president of the company and the Thompson family's tradition of working at the company. Thompson's career history.
- Monroe pushes hard on fancy shocks. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;10/9/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5627, p27
Reports on Monroe Auto Equipment Co.'s promotional effort for its premium Sensa-Trac shock absorbers for the automobile aftermarket. Original equipment manufacturers' interest in acquiring the product; Cost of Monroe Auto Equipment's marketing campaign for the Sensa-Trac; Appointment of Jack...
- Monroe slots $20M. Halliday, Jean // Brandweek;4/17/95, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p50
Reports on the 1995 advertising budget of Monroe Auto Equipment. Marketing exposure of its `Sensa-Trac' line of shock absorbers; J. Walter Thompson as creator of centerpiece television commercial.
- Chrysler leverages supplier expertise. // Design News;10/9/95, Vol. 51 Issue 19, p67
Reports on the initiative of Chrysler Corp. to allow suspension part supplier Monroe Auto Equipment Co. to do component development to keep costs down and improve function. Components of Monroe's redesign process; Other original equipment manufacturer- (OEM) supplier tie-up in the automobile...
- Monroe gets jump start. Gelsi, Steve // Brandweek;5/29/95, Vol. 36 Issue 22, p20
Reports on the relaunching of Monroe Auto Equipment's shocks and struts brand with a $20 million marketing campaign. Commercials for the Sensa-Trac shocks; Promotional plans; Description of the `Road' spot that broke in April 1995.
- German breakthrough on magnesium car parts. // Professional Engineering;06/07/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p9
Announces that Wagon Automotive's researchers have overcome manufacturing problems that have inhibited the use of magnesium for automotive body structure parts. Comparison of the weight of magnesium and steel; Automobile with extensive magnesium parts; Difficulties associated with working the...