Now is the time for endings
- Dear readers. Jůn, Dominik // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Winter2007, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Jan Urban on digging the history of corruption and mismanagement of the post-communist era in Czech Republic, and Eric Tabery on solecism of the current Czech political elite.
- DISHONOUR AS THE NEW POLITICAL MODUS OPERANDI. Stêtina, Jaromír // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Autumn2007, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p8
The author reflects on the factors which make the term dishonor as the new political routine in Czech Republic. He said that these factors involve slandering of a political opponent through a whisper, threat or a criminal proceeding which becomes a sort of national system. He added that these...
- The Cottage Lawn. Stránský, Martin Jan // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Spring2005, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p48
Comments on the state of politics in the Czech republic as of April 2005. Government crisis arising from the division between the smaller town where parliament, the Senate and the Cabinet all have their seats of power, and the rest of the country; Decline in the public approval of the...
- CORRUPTION, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND REGIONS IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVES. Vítová, Blanka; Bernardová, Dana; Šaradín, Pavel // International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social ;2014, p569
In the Czech society, corruption is perceived as one of the most pressing social threats. Corruption belongs to the problems which even the Security Strategy of the Czech Republic sees as a possible destabilization factor. Corruption, however, is not only connected to the national politics, it...
- Czech Republic Country Profile. // Czech Republic Country Profile;
The article profiles the Czech Republic based on its political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure, which is explored through various parameters including current strength, future prospects and future risks. Topics discussed include the possible negative...
- Obama Snubs Putin Over Asylum Row, Czech Political Crisis Escalates. Cardais,, S. Adam; Caloianu, Ioana; Matan, Vladimir // Transitions Online;8/26/2013, p10
The article offers world news briefs as of August 26, 2013. U.S. President Barack Obama has canceled a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin following the refusal of Moscow to extradite fugitive whistleblower Edward Snowden The Czech caretaker government established in the aftermath of a...
- POLITICAL OVERVIEW. // Czech Republic Country Review;2007, p7
The article presents information on the government and political conditions in the Czech Republic.
- History. // Czech Republic Country Review;2012, p7
The article provides information on the political history of Czech Republic including the emergence of the Czechoslovak state in 1918, the Bohemian Kingdom in the 10th century, and founding of Slovak Republic on January 1, 1993.
- History. // Czech Republic Country Review;2009, p6
The article presents an overview of the political history of the Czech Republic.