Dump bodies take a powder
- Taking dead aim at salt. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2009, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p18
The article focuses on the investment of Godwin Manufacturing in a zinc coating process using the Envirocron zinc powder primer from PPG. The coating process is expected to triple the life of the truck bodies. The bodies are loaded and grounded to the powder line before going through a power...
- Painting Clinic. Izzo, Carl // Products Finishing;Jan99, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p20
Answers painting-related questions. Process in removing zinc phosphate coatings that have been applied over a zinc chromate primer; Advice on water drainage from parts after phosphate wash; Reader's response to the article published in the October 1998 issue regarding drum disposal.
- Zinc-Rich Paints: the Right Stuff. A. H. // Products Finishing;Aug2014, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p44
The article presents an answer to a question related to special tools or spray equipment needed in the process of painting transformer radiators with zinc-rich paints.
- Godwin Manufacturing's celebration centers on North Carolina manufacturing. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2014, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p10
The reports on the truck equipment manufacturer Godwin Manufacturing Co. Inc.'s celebration of Manufacturing Day on October 3, 2014 by hosting an event that focused on North Carolina manufacturing.
- Red oxide - zinc chrome primer as per I.S. 2074 and Performance Quality. Hulyalkar, Mukund // Paintindia;Nov2011, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p104
The article features the red oxide-zinc chrome primer that is used as a primer in the painting system, and how it is formulated. The primer is intended to protect steel, both under marine, inland and in highly contaminated outdoor environment. Among the raw materials used in making the primer...
- Trimethylol Propane Monoallyl Ether. Manea, Mircea; Winarti, Mayke; Pauliana, Sri // Paint & Coatings Industry;Oct2008, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p94
The article examines the application of trimethylol propane monoallyl ether as hydroxyl-functional co-monomer paint material. According to the authors, the increase in the interest for hydroxyl-functional acrylic resins as a component in polyurethane coatings is caused by its improved...
- Good Roads for Godwin. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2011, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p16
The article narrates how Dunn, North Carolina-based Godwin Manufacturing, truck body manufacturer, went into production of snow plows and salt spreaders. Godwin acquired snow-and -ice equipment maker Good Roads based in Williamsport, Indiana and moved Good Roads facility to Dunn. The article...
- It happened this month. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2009, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p60
The article reports on some of the events that transpired in the month of September. These include the incorporation of a hydraulic gang punch by Warner Commercial Body, Inc. in its Warner aluminum kit body on September 1969, the creation of Utility of the largest manufacturing facility for...
- Body builder. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Feb2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p58
The article focuses on the growth of Godwin Manufacturing Co. Inc., described as a family-owned manufacturer of truck bodies based in Dunn, North Carolina, owned by the Godwin family. Topics discussed include how Godwin Manufacturing started, related businesses acquired by Godwin Manufacturing,...