- OUTBREAK NEWS. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;2/11/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p45
Presents update on the outbreak of dysentery in Sierra Leone. Training of laboratory technicians in isolation techniques; Initiation of an awareness campaign on the radio; Work of field teams in collaboration with district medical personnel.
- Back to basics. Byrd, Julie // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Jun98, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p44
Part I. Discusses the challenges on role of medical technologist in both patient care and healthcare field. Challenge to educators; Challenge to students; Challenge to medical technologist.
- SPOTLIGHT ON...SCHNEIDER'S DIGICON. // LabTalk;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 41 Issue 14E, p18
Several photographs of attendees taken during the second DigiCon event hosted by Schneider Optical Machines held in April 2013 are presented, including Gunter Schneider of Schneider Optical Machines, Bob Enich of Superior Optical, and Roger Art of Diversified Opththalmics.
- Management Q & A. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Sep98, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p20
Provides information on how to convince laboratorians that they need to updated their skills and adapt to automation. Participation in the change process.
- Optimizing your instrument training experience. Weatherhead, Sharon K. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Sep98, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p42
Discusses the important points to remember when attending an instrument training course. Classroom pointers; Preparation for training coworkers upon arrival from the training course; Significance of attending instrument training classes.
- The Most Useful Laboratory Robot Used in Liquid Handling: People. Vaccaro, Wendy // Bioscience Technology;May2011, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p17
The article emphasizes the need to provide laboratory personnel with proper training in pipetting technique and offers information on the Pipetting Proficiency and Certification training courses offered by Artel USA.
- Schneider Unveils New Technology at DigiCon Europe Conference. Karp, Andrew // Vision Monday;7/16/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p28
The article offers information on the new Modulo digital surfacing system, a digital lens technology unveiled by Schneider Optical Machines at the DigiCon Europe conference at its headquarters in Fronhausen, Germany in June 2012.
- Tomorrow's lab: the stuff of dreams. Bookman, Phil // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;May2004, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p29
Examines the training of professionals in clinical laboratories in the United States. Technology to automate training at the lab; Benefits of learning-management systems; Investment in technology.
- Apollo adds room, new programs. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);5/6/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, pA3
Reports on the expansion of Apollo College, a vocational school in Spokane, Washington. Courses offered; Training for medical laboratory technicians; Training in medical records and for veterinary assistants; Advantages of the school's diploma programs.