Small companies threatened with fines following new tax rules
- Why we fear the tax code. Faris, Jack // Las Vegas Business Press;11/23/98, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p5
Opinion. Comments on Nevada's tax code. Requisites for a responsible tax reform; Problems encountered by small-business operators in complying with tax codes.
- Australia eyes dividend tax. Dunstan, Barrie; Price, Margaret // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p23
Reports on tax reform proposals being pushed by several political parties in Australia. Businesses' reaction to the proposals; Government's threat to slap a 36 percent tax on dividends paid by companies that are considered nontaxable corporate profits; Impact of the proposals on companies with...
- Taxation. // Georgia Country Review;2001/2002, p62
Focuses on the taxation of businesses in Georgia. Key provisions of the tax code that came into effect in June 1997; Inspection of the tax-payment status of enterprises.
- Shifting tax gears: Know the nexus roadmap. Roberts, Susan // Fort Worth Business Press;2/8/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the approaches that can be taken by businesses to protect itself against unexpected tax liabilities.
- State firms true source of tax arrears. Habsudova, Zuzana // Slovak Spectator;02/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p7
Contends that state-owned firms are responsible for the growth of tax arrears in Slovakia. Arguments of economic experts on the taxation of state-owned firms; Taxation problems of small business enterprises; Efforts of the Slovak government in addressing tax arrears.
- Taxation. // Turkmenistan Country Review;2001/2002, p75
Describes the taxation system in Turkmenistan, through 2001. Taxation of foreign business enterprises; Tax laws affecting businesses.
- Taxation. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Belize Country Review;2013, p100
The article offers an overview of the system of taxation in Belize that covers corporate income or business tax, social security, and indirect tax.
- Our improving economy can get even stronger with more tax cuts. Walsh, Daniel B. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;05/10/99, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p4
Explains several tax reduction recommendations. Includes the introduction of tax parity for banks and insurers; Elimination of unlegislated tax increases on the electric energy industry; Further reduction of the gross receipts tax and the ton-mileage tax.
- Rollover relief - pitfalls for the unwary. Gravestock, Peter; Thomas, Anthony // Accountancy;Jan1983, Vol. 94 Issue 1073, p101
Examines the legislation relating to rollover tax relief for business enterprises in Great Britain. Availability of full rollover relief; Assets qualifying for relief; Rollover relief of partially used assets in business.
- Dual resident companies' loans. Green, Chris // Accountancy;Sep87, Vol. 100 Issue 1129, p40
Reports on the British Inland Revenue's tax treatment of dual resident companies' loans under the Financial Act of 1976.