Foreign firms' forum warns of stalled reforms
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Prague Business Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p2
Reports developments on the economy, business and politics in the Czech Republic as of October and November 2001. Financial support of the government to small and medium-sized companies; Deal of BAE Systems with Synthesia Pardubice for the production of pigments; Approval to the payment of...
- Wake-up call. // NZ Business;Apr96, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p2
Focuses on the results of the survey by Canterbury University's Master of Business Administration (MBA) researcher Clayton Cosgrove, in relation to New Zealand businesses moving to Australia and the MMP government. Results of the survey; Key concerns from survey.
- World News. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/11/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p3
The article cites news items related to business and politics as of July 2007.
- Boardroom Composition. // Corporate Board;May/Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 134, p26
Reports the independence of companies in the selection of outside director candidates. Governance practices among member companies; Increase of companies with a job description for the chairman of chief executive officers; Independence standards for outside director candidates.
- Who's in charge here? Hirsh, Michael // Bulletin with Newsweek;6/27/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5976, p58
Focuses on multinational businesses as the binding force in a world with waning government influences. 1995 summit of the Group of Seven in Halifax, Nova Scotia; Meeting as an economic and political sideshow; Attempt to salvage the postwar statist structure; Power of multinational companies;...
- Government mismanagement. Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p60
Focuses on issues concerning government mismanagement. Factors that contribute to government mismanagement; Role of the private sector in improving government performance; Advantages of the private sector over the public sector in the delivery of services.
- Americans Want Less Corporate Political Influence. // NACD Directorship;Apr/May2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the result of a Gallup poll, which revealed that more Americans want less corporate political influence.
- Seeds of conflict. Vernon, Raymond // Harvard International Review;Summer95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p26
Discusses whether or not multinational enterprises undermine the concept of sovereignty. Indispensability of multinational enterprise to the achievement of national goals; Evolution of multinational enterprises; Significant role of multinational enterprises in international relations;...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Prague Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p2
Presents news briefs concerning economic, business and political developments in the Czech Republic as of April 14, 2003. Inclusion of a decline in the number of tourists to the country in 2002; Expected operating profit of Aliatel in 2003; Jan Beranek's election as chairman of the Green Party.