Sporitelna shareholders offered buyout
- Turmoil hits PSE, shares suspended. Loula, Marek // Prague Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p23
Reports the turmoil on the equities market in Czech Republic. Offer of Erste Bank to buy SpoÅ™itelna's remaining shares; Dominance of the Radiokom's share; Concerns on the treatment of minority shareholders.
- Postponement should be welcomed. De Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;1/31/2003, p26
Reports on the benefits derived by the minority shareholders from the battle between LBM larger shareholders in South Africa. Increase of the share price; Payment of 100c/share dividend; Result on the postponement of the offer.
- Shareholders. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb1998, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p76
Addresses the issue of discount on minority shareholding when valuing company shares after `oppression of the minority' in New Zealand. Fair method of compensating unwilling vendors; Discussion of the Architectural Finishes Ltd. case.
- Agency minority shareholders and shareholder agreements. DiStefano, Paul J. // Forum (10566937);May98, Issue 192, p16
Presents information on being a shareholder in a company. Amount of stakes an employee must have in order to be considered a minority shareholder; Problems posed by minority interest; Steps of becoming a shareholder; What is involved in liquidity; Information on valuation; Control minority...
- Why lose tiny shareholders? // Management Today;Jun95, p13
Discusses possible gains and risks in maintaining small shareholders. Cost-effectiveness of oddlot reduction programs; Concern for shareholder relations.
- AVS receives double boost of ÄŒeskÃ¡ SpoÅ™itelna offer. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;4/8/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the boost of the buyout bid for savings bank ÄŒeskÃ¡ SpoÅ™itelna in Prague, Czech Republic. Supporters of the offer from Anteilsverwaltungssparkasse; Approval of the offer by the Securities Commission; Effects of the decision of minority shareholders of the company on the...
- Valuating Common Stock for Minority Stock and ESOPs in Closely Held Corporations. Trieschmann, Thomas S.; Leverett, E.J.; Shedd, Peter J. // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr88, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p63
This article will explore the valuation techniques that may be used and the special factors to consider when placing a value on minority stock. It also examines whether stock contributions to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) would be considered minority stock.
- Control: Get it and keep it. Maurer, Mickey // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p10
The author reflects on the inferior bargaining position of a minority shareholder.
- More Blacks Investing In Stock Market: Survey. // Jet;10/14/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 17, p46
Reports on findings from the 2002 Ariel Schwab Black Investor Survey, which indicates that the percentage of high-income African-Americans investing in the stock market has increased.