THE BIG FOUR?
- Titan, Invitrogen Defect From Arthur Andersen. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p9
Reports the dropping-off of Arthur Andersen LLP for its auditing services by Titan Corp. diversified high-tech company. Changes due to the uncertainty the accounting firm is facing; Selection of KPMG in placement of Arthur Andersen PLC; Termination of employment for employees of the accounting...
- Largest Accounting Firms. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/22/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p34
Presents a table of the largest accounting firms in New Orleans, Louisiana as of January 22, 2001, ranked by the number of professional staff. Arthur Andersen LLP; KPMG; Ernst and Young LLP; Deloitte and Touche LLP; Bourgeois Bennett LLC; PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.
- KPMG near deal for Andersen's LI staff. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/31/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 23, p1A
Reports on the deal between Arthur Andersen LLP and KPMG for the staff of Andersen in Long Island, New York. Impact of the deal on the tax and audit practice of the auditing firm; Number of former Andersen staffers moved to Ernst & Young Inc.; Transfer of Andersen partner Joseph Perry to Marcum...
- Demise of Andersen firm will have global effects. Flanigan, James // Journal of Business (10756124);4/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, pA4
Focuses on the closure of accounting firm Arthur Andersen LLP and its effect globally. Number of employees employed at Andersen; Amount paid by Andersen to settle lawsuits from shareholders; Effect on the accounting cost in U.S.
- Lear, Dura may dump Andersen. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;4/8/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p1
Reports the plan of Lear Corp., Dura Automotive Systems Inc. and Esperion Therapeutics Inc. to terminate the services of accounting firm Arthur Andersen LLP in Detroit, Michigan. Contingency plans for the accounting services; Assessment of the obstruction of justice charges against Andersen;...
- Local accounting firms benefiting from Andersen's legal troubles. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;4/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p30
Focuses on the impact of accounting scandal of Arthur Andersen LLP on accounting firms in the U.S. Occurrence of mass employee defections; Reasons for the scandal; Charges filed by the U.S. Justice Department against the company.
- National Firms' Legal Worries. // Practical Accountant;Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the legal cases against accounting firm, Arthur Andersen in the U.S. Role in the bankruptcy of audit client, Enron Corp.; Arguments in defense to shareholder lawsuits; Manipulation of the financial statements.
- Andersen scrambles. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/28/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1
Reports the issues concerning the clients and shareholders of Andersen Corp. in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of the downfall of Andersen on the marketshare; Statement regarding the Andersen scandal by managing partner Michael C. Hall; Plans of accounting firm competitors on the clients of Andersen.
- Andersen facing crunch from LI cos. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/18/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p5A
Reports on the selection of Arthur Andersen LLP as the auditor of Brooklyn Union Gas and KeySpan Corp. in Long Island, New York. Involvement of Arthur Andersen LLP with Enron Energy Corp.; Assessment of the situation of the company; Confidence of the companies in hiring Arthur Andersen LLP.