- NORTEL PUSHES SERVICES PLAY WITH SOFTSWITCH. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;2/24/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p12
Introduces Nortel Networks Corp.'s services-oriented Succession softswitch. Features of the softswitch; Advantage of a services-oriented approach.
- Nortel Covers All Bets in Metro Optics Markets. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p20
Reports on Nortel Networks' strategies to retain its leadership in the metropolitan optical networking market in North America. Development of a tunable laser incorporated into optical DWDM; Factors contributing to Nortel's success in the market; Redefinition of company's performance and economics.
- Nortel to further reduce work force. // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p15
Details the restructuring plans of Toronto, Ontario-based Nortel Networks. Plans for plant divestitures; Decision to lay-off 3,500 employees; Transition from vertical integration to virtual integration.
- Report: Telecom market still slow. Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;9/9/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p41
Cites a report by the Dell'Oro Group concerning the performance of the U.S. market for optical transport and multiservice synchronous optical network gear during the second quarter of 2002. Decline in revenue for the optical transport market; Rise in revenue from the sale of SONET multiservice...
- BUSINESS. // Total Telecom Magazine;Oct2008, p4
The article offers information on the topics covered within the issue including Nortel Networks, best Buy, and Nokia.
- Nortel unfolds VoIP service road map. Duffy, Jim // Network World;2/24/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p33
Details the softswitch enhancements made by Nortel Networks Corp. under its Succession Services plan. Adding of H.323 interfaces to support direct packet interworking with H.323 IP PBX systems and gateways; Expansion of support for Session Initiation Protocol to enable direct packet...
- Nortel makes wireless Internet strides, exceeds 2Q expectations. Smith, Hilary // RCR;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p48
Reports on telecommunication company Nortel Networks Corp.'s financial growth with increase in revenues for the period ended June 30, 2000.
- Nortel news shakes stocks. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the decline in the stock prices of Nortel Networks resulting from its expected first quarter loss announced in early 2001.
- Nortel Seeks Flexible Financing. // Wireless Week;12/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 43, p4
Reports that Nortel has unveiled a plan to provide greater financial flexibility by pledging all of its assets as security for lenders. Advantage of Nortel's termination of a credit line; Target beneficiaries of the plan.