Nextel Adds AIM
- By the Numbers. // Wireless Week;7/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p39
Presents an update of studies and statistics related to the wireless communication industry as of July 2005. Years that Nextel Partners Inc. enjoyed a relationship with Nextel Communications Inc.; Adoption by businesses of mobile applications; Reasons cited by Compete Inc. customers for not...
- America Online rethinks partnerships. Schnuer, Jenna // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the change in focus and strategies on American Online's contract agreements with its content providers. Demand of America for more original content from its providers; Decision of The Atantiv Monthly to leave America and join the World Wide Web.
- A sober look at online services. Finneran, Michael // Business Communications Review;Mar1995, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p70
Focuses on the efficiency of online services in the United States. Account of the author's experience in using the America Online; Use of interfaces; Comments of the author on chat lines.
- AOL unveils version 5, eyes PDAs, TVs, even gas pumps. Bertolucci, Jeff // PCWorld;Oct99, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p59
Previews the America Online (AOL) version 5.0 software. Number of AOL subscribers; Plan to allow Palm users to access some of its services; Improved search engine; Group-scheduling feature.
- Magical Jett-propelled counseling and the right support for CompuServe. Cringely, Robert X. // InfoWorld;11/18/96, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p146
Comments on the problems with online services. Difficulty in dialing into CompuServe via the WinCIM 3.01 software; AT&T's WorldNet's frequent e-mail overloading; Accounting practices of America Online.
- Paper-bound European publishers stick a toe into the Internet. Walker, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;10/25/95, Vol. 87 Issue 231, p10
Reports on the desire of Internet by European publishers. Enlisting of America Online to get Internet by German publishing giant Bertelsmann.
- Client on Line 1--and Online. Samborn, Hope Viner // ABA Journal;Dec99, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p79
Focuses on the use of online instant messaging by lawyers. Benefits from instant messaging; Services provided by America Online messaging services; Complaints on instant messaging.
- AOL cuts rates. // Editor & Publisher;8/03/96, Vol. 129 Issue 31, p37
Reports that America Online is cutting its user rates. Price of 20 hours of service for subscribers; Money gained from low-usage customers.
- AOL Studios spawns Electra, a women's site. Sacharow, Anya // Adweek Eastern Edition;12/8/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 49, p50
Announces that America Online's AOL Studios content unit is launching its second major site called Electra which is a women's online resource simultaneously on the Web and AOL. Electra's features; Its distinct aspect; Electra's primary goal.