Mobile Transactions Temporarily Grounded
- WDF and WIMC to jointly develop e-commerce program. // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the Wireless Data Forum's announcement that it is developing an electronic-commerce program in conjunction with Wireless Internet & Mobile Computing to be called the Wireless E-Commerce Initiative.
- The digital man. Branwyn, Gareth // Esquire;Oct99, Vol. 132 Issue 4, p120
Focuses on the development of Bluetooth, a short-range wireless standard which promises to make all of electronics exchange information among themselves automatically. Details on different cyber systems suitable for land, air, and interstate.
- Wireless data: Looking at the business benefits. Kennedy, Michael // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov95, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p52
Discusses wireless data systems' benefits to businesses. Forms of wireless data services; Slowness among service providers and vendors to adopt wireless data technology; Mobile applications of wireless data systems; Fixed wireless data applications.
- Industry Corner: Electronic Commerce: A Market Opportunity for Support Equipment and Services. Gross, Andrew C.; Hester, Edward D. // Business Economics;Oct98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p56
Provides information on electronic commerce (EC), the conduct of business transactions over private and public electronic networks. Estimated value of EC support; Development from electronic data interchange (EDI) to EC; Environment of EC; Facilitation of products and services for EC.
- Look Ma, no VANs! // Inc.;1997 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p24
Reports that a study found that the majority of small companies doing Internet commerce are conducting electronic data interchange (EDI). Figures from the study; Advantages of EDI.
- A virtual gold mine? Pinsky, Joy // Telephony;11/17/97, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p56
Predicts a surge in the number of companies that will use the Internet and intranet for their business operations and an expansion of their applications for businesses. Initial uses of the Internet for businesses; Forecasts of an increase in the number of companies that will use intranets; Data...
- Regional EDI networks join forces for commerce. McCue, Mike // Managed Healthcare;Oct97, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p48
Reveals that nine of the largest regional electronic data interchange networks in the United States are pooling their forces to create an open, shared network for electronic commerce called ShareNET. Members' utilization of each other's connections to payers; Reduced costs of developing own...
- A step toward a paperless world. // ABA Banking Journal;Feb87, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p56
Reports the adoption of electronic data interchange (EDI) within the banking system. Ability to acquire payments electronically; Installation of EDI for both banking and corporate networks; Speculation on the market demand of EDI. INSET: GM'S AMBITIOUS EDI PROGRAM.
- XML cooks up no-fuss e-commerce. Kobielus, James // Network World;02/02/98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p33
Focuses on the limited overlap seen between the world of business-to-business electronic data interchange (EDI) and Web-based electronic commerce. What EDI entails; Details on hypertext markup language (HTML) and its use with electronic commerce; Requirements of HTML; Other information relating...