Analyst: Carriers Aren't Fostering Data
- Getting It Right. Walters, Mike // Wireless Review;10/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p12
Deals with the impact of the deployment of General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) on wireless communication networks. Limitations and problems in the use of GPRS in wireless technology; Proposal agreed by network carriers in a 3G Partnership Project meeting regarding the testing of GPRS packet...
- GPRS Is For Real. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;3/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p32
Discusses the importance of General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) to the advancement of wireless communication systems. Actions taken by operators in improving wireless capabilities; Disadvantage of using GPRS.
- Vodafone plays its 3G data card. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the plan Vodafone to offer UMTS Vodafone Mobile Connect Card which will enable laptop users to have seamless roaming between 3G and GPRS networks in Europe. Data charges on Vodafone's standard GPRS Mobile Connect Card; Sales outlook for its UTMS/GPRS cards.
- High definition. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p10
Argues in favor of Internet regulation. Reasons policy makers refuse to regulate the Internet; Impact of General Packet Radio Service and third-generation mobile telephone networks on the Internet; Social and legal implications.
- Reader competition -Bluetooth kit. // Electronics Weekly;10/22/2003, Issue 2120, p39
The journal "Electronics Weekly" is giving its readers the opportunity to win a Bluetooth developer's kit for Windows, supplied by TDK Semiconductor Corp. The kit is designed for applications that support Bluetooth such as personal area networking, wireless VoIP applications and general packet...
- Comms still gloomy as 3G stutters into action. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;1/16/2002, Issue 2035, p23
Examines several issues about the deployment of third generation mobile wireless communication systems in Great Britain in 2002. Details of how British Telecommunication company will benefit on the sale of its fixed line network; Problems about the migration of mobile wireless telephony towards...
- Ericsson to upgrade T-Mobile USA. // RCR Wireless News;7/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p16
Focuses on the contract signed by T-Mobile USA Inc. with L.M. Ericsson to expand and upgrade its wireless network to support general packet radio service and EDGE data services as of July 2003. Markets planned to undergo expansion; Features of the Adaptive Multi Rate technology deployed by...
- Distribution notes. // Electronics Weekly;4/27/2005, Issue 2191, p42
This article reports on developments related to the electronics industry. TTI Inc. has taken on the Bourns range of circuit protection devices, that are aimed at applications ranging from high value, critical telecom systems, down to a simple on the PCB circuit protection. JAE Europe has...
- REMOTE INTELLIGENCE. Beckett, Helen // Computer Weekly;5/25/2004, p48
Companies are finding new uses for wireless telemetry, as two-way communication with remote devices improves customer service and creates new business opportunities. Telemetry has evolved from monitoring widgets for ensuring that water or electricity flowed through the grid, to transforming...