Keeping the Juice Flowing
- Showtime for Chinese 3G standard. Clark, Robert // America's Network;11/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 17, p19
Focuses on the launching of the TD-SCDMA spectrum for the third generation wireless technology of the government in China. Access to the global system for mobile communication networks; Deployment in rural locations; Reduction of the power consumption.
- Advances In Wireless Test beds and Research Infrastructures. Ponce de Leon, Miguel; Mao, Shiwen; Steuer, Frank; Schumacher, Jens; Magedanz, Thomas; Beyah, Raheem; Midkiff, Scott // Mobile Networks & Applications;Jun2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p311
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the evolution of experimentation facilities, extensive analysis of the different factors influencing the power consumption of data connections by Diaz Zayas and 3G connectivity to stationary PlanetLab Europe nodes.
- EARTH Aims to Halve 4G Network Energy Use. // Microwave Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p53
The article reports the launching of the Energy Aware Radio and Network Technologies (EARTH) which is a consortium of telecommunication service providers, mobile companies, and academic institutions to achieve 50 percent energy consumption reduction of 4G mobile wireless communication networks.
- A Metric for Secrecy-Energy Efficiency Tradeoff Evaluation in 3GPP Cellular Networks. Ciabini, Fabio; Morosi, Simone; Mucchi, Lorenzo; Ronga, Luca Simone // Information (2078-2489);Dec2016, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
Physical-layer security is now being considered for information protection in future wireless communications. However, a better understanding of the inherent secrecy of wireless systems under more realistic conditions, with a specific attention to the relative energy consumption costs, has to be...
- WIRELESS DISTRIBUTED ENERGY BILLING SYSTEM. Al-Ali, A. R. // International Journal of Computers & Applications (Acta Press);2006, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p388
This paper presents a wireless integrated multiservices solution that (1) helps homeowners to control their household appliances and (2) helps utility companies to manage electrical energy consumption using SMS messages. The controller consists of a single-chip microcontroller and GSM-modem to...
- Optimized Displays Address the Power Woes of Mobile Devices. Pollack, Joel // ECN: Electronic Component News;Oct2007 Supplement, Vol. 51, p27
The article discusses the efforts made by technicians to achieve increase performance of mobile devices in the U.S. Several applications such as multimedia, Internet, navigation and higher display resolution demand greater processing power which are the common complaints of users. To address the...
- It's just +5V, isn't it? Dormer, Myk // Electronics World;Aug2010, Vol. 116 Issue 1892, p20
The article provides insights to consider when selecting a low-power wireless radio frequency module. It suggests that absolute power consumption must be keep in mind in selecting a low-power wireless module. It stresses that in avoiding module-related power supply problems, several things must...
- On Global Clustering Algorithm: Layer-Oriented Approach for Multi Hop Wireless Sensor Networks. Tashtarian, F.; Haghighat, A. T.; Yaghmaee, M. H.; Mazinani, S. M.; Honary, M. T. // International Review on Computers & Software;Sep2009, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p567
Clustering methods are potentially the framework for power-conserving wireless sensor networks. These methods are among the most effective approaches aiming for prolonging the lifetime. Power-limited nature of the employed devices in wireless networks made the conventional clustering approaches...
- EACLE : Energy-Aware Clustering Scheme with Transmission Power Control for Sensor Networks. Kentaro Yanagihara; Jumpei Taketsugu; Kiyoshi Fukui; Shigeru Fukunaga; Shinsuke Hara; Ken-ichi Kitayama // Wireless Personal Communications;Feb2007, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p401
Abstract??In this paper, we propose a new energy efficient clustering scheme with transmission power control named ?EACLE? (Energy-Aware CLustering scheme with transmission power control for sEnsor networks) for wireless sensor networks, which are composed of the following three components;...