Alltel's Footprint Grows With CenturyTel Acquisition
- Alltel tries to woo CenturyTel. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p3
Reports that Alltel Corp. made public its proposal to merge with CenturyTel Inc. in August 2001. Value of the proposal; Discussion on the possible consequences if the merger is approved; Reaction of CenturyTel to the proposal; Views of several market analysts on the proposed merger.
- Alltel snags wireless biz from CenturyTel. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p1
Reports that wireless operator, Alltel Corp has purchased rival telecommunications provider CenturyTel Incorporated. Cost of the acquisition; Terms of the acquisition; Properties of CenturyTel included in the acquisition.
- NEVER BLINK. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;10/15/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 16, p38
Features information on Scott Ford, chief operating officer of Alltel, and his efforts to acquire CenturyTel. Educational and career background of Ford; Value of the takeover bid of Alltel for CenturyTel; Speculations on the reasons of CenturyTel for refusing the offer of Alltel.
- CenturyTel accuses Alltel of lies, broken confidentiality. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/27/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p17
Reports on a lawsuit filed by CenturyTel Inc. against Alltel Corp. for releasing false and misleading information about CenturyTel's plans to spinoff its wireless unit. Contention of CenturyTel regarding a letter sent by Alltel citing the benefits of Alltel taking over CenturyTel's operations;...
- Century acquires Mississippi RSA 7. // RCR;3/3/97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p74
Announces the acquisition of the Mississippi rural service area (RSA) seven cellular operation located in Central Mississippi, by Century Telephone Enterprises Incorporated.
- Long Negotiations May Become The Norm. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p13
Reports that the widening gap between what telecommunication carriers want for their properties and what buyers are willing to pay could well result in a period of prolonged negotiations. Factors that prolonged the negotiations between CenturyTel and Alltel; Reason most analysts consider...
- Alltel Rebrands In CenturyTel Markets. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p8
Deals with the rebranding campaign of Alltel Corp. following its acquisition of CenturyTel's wireless assets in the U.S.. Aim of the special promotions launched by Alltel; Range of telecommunication services that will be added to CenturyTel subscribers; Comments from Kevin Beeb, group president...
- Alltel jockeys for dominance. Bischoff, Glenn; Luna, Lynnette; Weber, Toby; Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;8/20/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 8, p8
Deals with the takeover bid of telecommunication firm Alltel Corp. for CenturyTel Incorporated. Goal of AllTel's acquisition plans; Comments from Scott Ford, president and chief operating officer of AllTel; Outlook of Jeff Moore, senior analyst at Current Analysis on the consolidation; Other...
- CENTURYTEL SALE PORTENDS RURAL SHAKEUP. Parthenios, Amalia D. // Telephony;3/25/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 12, p8
Looks at the reason for the improved financial condition of CenturyTel and Alltel. Decision of Alltel to sell its wireless unit to CenturyTel; Status of the telecommunication industry; Expansion plan of Alltel.