Companies Struggle To Make The Grade
- How Nortel Beat Lucent At Its Own Game. Chen, Christine Y.; Diba, Ahmad // Fortune International (Europe);03/06/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 5, p145
Reports competition between Lucent and Nortel, providers of optical network technology in the United States. Historical background and assets of both firms; Acquisitions of several telecommunication companies by Lucent; Increase in the market share of Nortel surpassing the market share of Lucent.
- How Nortel Beat Lucent At Its Own Game. Chen, Christine Y.; Diba, Ahmad // Fortune;3/6/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 5, p438
Discusses two telecommunications companies, Nortel and Lucent. Status in the optical networking technology industry; Financial data and stock price.
- VENDORS' OPTICAL OPTIMISM UNWARRANTED IN NEAR TERM. Labarba, Liane H. // Telephony;3/25/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the status of the optical communications network industry in the U.S. as of March 25, 2002. Optimism of major companies in the industry during their annual Optical Fiber Communications conference; Optical fiber network system launched by Lucent Technologies; Optical fiber network...
- Nortel warns of 'still slow' comms sector. // Electronics Weekly;4/17/2002, Issue 2048, p11
Deals with the possibility of a continuous decline in the business of the telecommunications industry, as predicted by Nortel Networks. Outlook of Nortel on its revenues for the first quarter of 2002; Overview of the business condition of Lucent Technologies.
- The end of easy money? Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;06/05/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 23, p54
Deals with the increasing debt of competitive local exchange carriers (CLEC) of the telecommunications sector. Status of debt in the telecommunications business; Loan rates of Nortel Networks and Lucent Technologies; Debt raised by CLEC McLeodUSA and Winstar Communications; Disadvantages of the...
- Through The Looking Glass. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;06/12/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p59
Discusses the concept of `coopetition' in the telecommunication industry. Information on the optical component businesses of Lucent Technologies and Nortel Networks; Actions taken by both companies in line with its aim to integrate multiple components into modules.
- News Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;1/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry as of January 14, 2002. Purpose of lawsuit filed by Nortel Networks against Kyocera Corp.; Plan of Nokia Corp. to create a subsidiary called Vertu; Decision of the United States Department of Labor to provide a grant to several...
- OVERLY OPTIMISTIC OUTLOOKS BACK TO BITE LUCENT, NOKIA. Vittore, Vince; Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;3/18/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the change in the revenue projections of telecommunication companies for the first quarter of 2002. Lucent Technologies; Nokia; Nortel Networks.
- Softswitch R.I.P.? Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on the softswitch sector of the telecommunication equipment industry in the U.S. Reduction in capital expenditures of telecommunication carriers; Plan of Lucent to terminate its softswitch research and development efforts; Optimism of Nortel Networks regarding the softswitch market.