Gorbechev Focuses On The Big Picture
- Bread and Circuses. // National Review;8/5/1988, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p15
Reports on Mikhail Gorbachev's All-Union Soviet Party Conference. Criticisms against Gromyko and Arbatov and others of the Old Guard; Passage of President Gorbachev's agenda; Enhancement of the powers of President Gorbachev.
- WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT GORBACHEV? Ignatius, David // Atlantic (02769077);Jul88, Vol. 262 Issue 1, p14
Comments on the rise of Michael Gorbachev as head of Russia. Less danger posed by a modern Soviet Union to the security of the U.S.; Superpower crises through the prism of Henry Kissinger's memoirs.
- SPEAKING OUT: MIKHAIL GORBACHEV. // Management Today;Dec2005, p16
The article focuses on a speech given by former President of Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev addressing business delegates at the Leaders in London conference. The audience were hoping for insights they could apply in their businesses. He spoke on the political leadership and a sprinkling of...
- A laggard in the race, but a leader nonetheless. Florescu, John M. // Christian Science Monitor;6/10/96, Vol. 88 Issue 136, p19
Presents an interview with former Russian President and 1996 presidential candidate Mikhail Gorbachev. Russian taxicab drivers' opinion of Gorbachev; Gorbachev's opinion of Boris Yeltsin; Presidential candidate Gennady Zyuganov as not a statesman; Vladimir Zhririnovvsky as gambler and actor.
- Introduction. Hahn, Gordon M. // Demokratizatsiya;Spring2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p165
Introduces a series of articles related to the political career and economic reforms proposed by Mikhail Gorbachev, former president of the Soviet Union.
- Gorbachev's policy innovations. Brown, Archie // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov1985, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p18
Examines the policy innovations of Soviet Union President Mikhail Gorbachev. Preoccupation to overcome the country's problem of technological lag; Persistence in restructuring the economy; Cabinet revamp; Signs of change in Soviety foreign policy.
- Not enough gossip? // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov/Dec1995, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p7
Presents various articles with regard to former Soviet Union President Mikhail Gorbachev.
- What to expect from Gorbachev. Goldman, Marshall I. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;May1985, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the plans of Soviet Union President Mikhail Gorbachev for the economy, agriculture and arms control. Stress on the need for a transformation in the economy and in the entire system of social relations; Foreign policy decisions that Gorbachev must make; Concerns about the 1984 drop in...
- The Spirituality of Perestroika. HAUGHEY, JOHN C. // America;4/23/1988, Vol. 158 Issue 16, p426
The author focuses on what Soviet General Secretary Mikhail S. Gorbachev could learn on the missing ingredient for his policy of "perestroika" and "glasnost" based on the film "Repentance," and the address of Orthodox Archbishop Kirill of Smolensk. The film posits that the unrepented sins of one...