NTIA To Host Spectrum Summit
- NTIA report calls for more preparations before WRC. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p17
Reports on the statement issued by the National Telecommunications and Information Administration regarding the preparations for World Radiocommunication Conferences (WRC) in the U.S. in 2005. Recommendations for the WRC preparations; Removal of prospective delegates with Democratic campaign...
- NTIA chief Irving deems China summit a success. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;10/20/97, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p19
Focuses on the views of the head of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), Larry Irving, regarding the success of the first United States-China telecommunications summit held on October 5, 1997 Dalian, China. Benefits of the summit; Why the consumer press...
- Meeting in D.C. on info policy to eye roles of private sector. // Library Journal;5/15/1982, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p926
Reports on the announcement of a two-day conference by the National Telecommunications and Information Administration in Washington D.C., which will focus on national information policy. Venue and schedule of the meeting; Details on the purpose of the meeting.
- NTIA: Global outlook presents problems, opportunities. Wayne, Debra // RCR;04/06/98, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p24
Presents an estimation on the liberalization of the global telecommunications marketplace, by the United States National Telecommunications and Information Administration. Details on the World Trade Organization (WTO) treaty; Amount of countries covered by the WTO; Comments from Vice President...
- Untitled. Jessell, Harry A. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/93, Vol. 123 Issue 29, p33
Reports on the plans of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) to launch a National Information Infrastructure Program. Demonstration to the public of the use of advanced telecommunications technologies in social services; NTIA's budget request to fund the program;...
- Kids grants. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/5/93, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p32
Announces that the National Endowment for Children's Educational Television (NECET) is accepting applications from producers of children's TV programing who may be eligible for $3 million in federal production grants appropriated by Congress as a result of the Children's Television Act of 1990. ...
- Info alert. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Oct96, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the publication of the 1996 version of the wall chart depicting the frequency spectrum allocations to United States radio services by the National Telecommunications & Information Administration.
- NTIA promotes opportunities for U.S. companies through... Echols, Elizabeth S. // Business America;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 118 Issue 1/2, p28
Discusses the mission of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) which includes promoting policies that will bring the benefits of the Global Information Infrastructure (GII) to all people around the world. How the NTIA will achieve the promise of the GII;...
- Telecom/IT grants. // R&D Magazine;Mar98, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p75
Announces that the National Telecommunications and Information Administration will conduct a competition for $17 million in grant funds in 1998. Part the Telecommunication and Information Infrastructure Assistance Program (TIIAP) will play in the competition.