Spectrum Interference Frustrates Sprint Officials
- Interference & RSSI. Smith, Tony // Wireless Review;07/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p50
Provides information on signal interference and received signal strength identification (RSSI) of wireless communication systems. Predicting acceptable radio frequency (RF) signal in radio planning; Method used to measure signal coverage.
- IDENTIFYING THE CULPRITS. Walkowski, Bill // Wireless Review;01/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p28
Deals with the types of interference that wireless communication companies must consider at every stage of the network lifecycle. Information on external interference; Interference generated internally; Drive-test solution in network optimization.
- Private Wireless Group Floats Own Plan. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;5/13/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p10
Reports on a proposal by a group of private wireless companies to resolve issues on 800 megahertz interference. Focus of the proposal; Comparison of the proposal with previously proposed solutions; Requirement under Cingular's plan; Recommendation of the private wireless coalition involving...
- Numerous solutions can stop collocation interference. Wojciechowski, Daniel J. // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p22
Deals with the popularity of collocating wireless antennas for telecommunication carriers. Interference issue in collocation; Problem posed by dual-band antennas deployment; Steps involved in resolving the issue.
- Private Wireless Conference set for November. // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p63
Presents the schedule for the annual conference on wireless communication systems in the U.S. Venue of the event; Educational program for technician; Provision of product training and certification.
- Frontline SOLUTIONS. // Material Handling Management;Sep2000, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the Frontline Solutions Chicago 2000 Expo & Conference of mobile and wireless technologies for enterprise data collection applications in Chicago, Illinois. Highlights at the exhibition; Number of companies that participate in the exhibition.
- Return of the living EDGE. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p6
Highlights the 3GSM World Congress in Cannes, France. Lack of interests of the wireless industry on third generation technologies; Emergence of multimedia message service and enhanced message service (EMS); Refusal of Nokia Corp. to back EMS.
- TDMA follows open standards path. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;04/27/98, Vol. 234 Issue 17, p16
Presents highlights of the 1998 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium's annual summit. Topics discussed during the conference; Cost involved in implementing time division multiple access (TDMA) networks.
- CALENDAR. // Telephony;9/27/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p28
Lists congresses about the wireless communications industry as of September 27, 2004 in the United States.