Latin American Operators Work To Close Digital Divide
- BACKPAGE BRIEFING. // Telecom Asia;Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p40
Reports developments in the telecommunications market as of April 2002. Use of a wireless-enabled system by police to help solve crimes; Outlook for the industry; Highlights of the National People's Congress.
- ITU Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;10/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p26
Highlights the ITU Telecom World Conference in Geneva, Switzerland in October 2003. Release of a Harris radio from Harris Corp. based on microwave radio architecture; Availability of claRiFy System by DTI for measuring interference in wireless networks; Launch of Beep Science's DRM technology.
- Getting Back To Reality. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;3/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p61
Comments on the CTIA Wireless 2002 conference in Orlando, Florida. Market outlook for the wireless communication sector; Importance of industry innovations; Updates on some carriers.
- WAVE message: We need apps. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p4
Focuses on the Wireless Alliances and Vision Exchange conference held by the wireless data industry in Las Vegas, Nevada in May 2001. Importance of wireless data applications; Highlights of the conference.
- Thanks To Those Who Came. Browne, Jack // Microwaves & RF;Mar2004, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p17
Highlights the 12th annual Wireless Systems Design Conference & Expo held in San Diego, California from March 8-11, 2004. Factors affecting the wireless markets in the U.S.; Features of the conference; Keynote speakers.
- Wireless for business. Rolfe, Pamela // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/20/2007, Vol. 398 Issue 20, p14
Information about the 3GSM World Congress which was held in Barcelona, Spain on February 12-15, 2007 is presented. The theme of the event was consumer experience as the wireless industry wrestled with the logistics of creating an enjoyable partnership among content providers. Speakers at the...
- Mark Your Calendars. // Wireless Week;10/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p4
Presents a schedule of events organized in the U.S. wireless communications sector, as of October 2004.
- The Success Of CDMA2000 Technology Was Examined At The 2003 CDMA Americas Congress. // Microwaves & RF;Jan2004, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p28
Presents the highlights of the 8th annual CDMA Americas Congress in Miami, Florida, which was participated by professionals from the wireless communication sector in the pan-American region. Organizers of the event; Features of a wireless solution that provides increased speed and flexibility...
- FTTH moves forward in Europe, but growth is eclipsed. Burney, Kneko // Lightwave;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p31
The article highlights the FTTH Council Europe's meeting held at the end of January 2006 in Vienna, Austria. The two-day session discussed the challenges, opportunities, and future of fiber to the home (FTTH) deployments in Europe. Council President Hartwig Tauber underscored the reality that...
- 802.11a ready for action following 5-GHz allocations. // America's Network;9/15/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 14, p26
Highlights the World Radiocommunication Conference of telecommunication industry in Geneva, Switzerland. Adequacy in spectrum for high capacity public and private wireless networks free of interface problems that limit the use of available bands; Challenges on spectrum availability; Popularity...